The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are these over priced ?

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the know its what its all about, they guy the other day who bought white tt had major probs and i did say it was fishy if the trader was selling for 8.5k fully road legal as the big showroom garages must have £2000 profit margins that means it will stand him 6500 for a full road registered tt 6 speed hence he must of only paid about rough cost

£800 to sort bits an bobs out mot registration tyres etc etc

£1800 duty vat

so he has bought that car for £3900 in japan and that includes fees over there too so probably paid £3k ish.

were for instance private imports for say 9k we are paying upto nearly 6k double the price

you get what you pay for.

true very true but there is also importers like me and japscene and others who charge the what i called fair prices on cars that imo are better condition, as i am sure you all know my reputation speaks for it self i know 3 members on here that have had 3 tt 6 speeds for under 9k grade 4 mint within last few years.

oh the 98 - yup i had it on in the 12s but that was when i couldnt insure it and the tyres and alloys were shot, foggy hanging off back, and some other nasties that would put buyers off. since then ive been to town on the car and seriously improved it and got insurance!!! had new dunlops on front, refurbed and powder coated all the alloys, put razo parts in the interior, ripped out all the crap and subtley positioned the neons, integrated the fog, removed all the rattles, bought uk road friendly shocks and am now fitting em, plan to paint and decal the calipers, and have now given new tax :ecstatic: - this baby is soo nice now!

aye i got all depressed and felt sorry for myself watching it sit there without a driver so cried it into the 12s. i removed it from sale because i was being unrealistic about how long it takes to sell a car and was almost giving it away in my determination to sell before xmas. very glad i kept it now!!! :respekt:

time to drink beer people!!! my warm up coffee is gettin cold!

happy new year!

Also, and this is only my opinion from what I have seen, lots of the singled cars that have come from Japan arent built that well. It surprised me, but its hard to deny from what I've seen.

Totally agree... iv learnt my lesson the hard way :drown:

Had my t88 in a while... not because theres no interest ..but simply becuase i wasnthappy at all witht he setup... i have ended up fitting...new uprated pumps... new v pro... complete new fuel setup..injecotr..reg ..rail..brakes..have also fit new seats...hasnt been cheap but at least i now know the car is safe..

---

haha jurgen yer so are mine...my t88 has got to be 18k looking at their prices! and dont get me started on that yellow tdo6 rx :whip: ... i think thier wording leaves a little bit to be desired!!

Guest Flat4_ire
How much would a car like this one cost from you Jurgen?

thats not a bad price at all on that silver 94 540bhp supra, 12k?? sure theres a guy here with a blue 95 320bhp one for 13500!!!

Guest Flat4_ire
the car is not 540bhp, and the silver one was imported cheaper than 13500 and its better condition remeber i import i know the condtion of that silver one.

sorry i meant to say the silver one is 450bhp, looks lovely, but i think mr nismo may forget about gettin 13k for his blue one ;) god loves a tryer tho

If you really think about it Jurgen, you're actually doing all the "owners" a massive dis-service by selling cars so cheap. You're driving the resale prices through the floor.

If you started having a few luxuries for yourself, you'd need to bump the prices up for a better profit margin. That way all our cars would be worth more.

Go on, take that holiday you've always promised yourself. :)

If you really think about it Jurgen, you're actually doing all the "owners" a massive dis-service by selling cars so cheap. You're driving the resale prices through the floor.

If you started having a few luxuries for yourself, you'd need to bump the prices up for a better profit margin. That way all our cars would be worth more.

Go on, take that holiday you've always promised yourself. :)

lol yer i know what your saying but there is other peeps selling for cheaper that to get a sale u have to compete against them otherwise people send u emails saying 12k for 94 supras are u mad lol.

but all comments taking on board everybody is selling cheap so its difficult to stick with higer prices hence why i wanted opinions on gt-cars 18k plus cars to see if people still pay this sort of money.

i sometimes think about quittin due to finding it very difficult to sell a car at a high price but hey am not going to like as i take the rough with the smooth.

No idea what I'm talking about, but:

Could it be that these new ESVA and import rules have caused importers to by utter sheds, and thus having to sell them cheap, Joe bloke sees shed for 7k and thinks "I'm not buying that other car in the trader for 10k!" so private sellers then drop their prices to sell, causing a vicious circle?