The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2003 Ford Focus RS

Nick1980

Right, it's about time I actually put my car up for sale.

I love this car, but I've gotta sell it after a couple years so I can actually make my flat habitable, and buy a TT Supra of course! (So if anyone has a black TT they wanna PX.....:whistle:)

Right, here goes:

August 2003 '03' Reg

Coming up to 22k miles (about 70-80% motorway miles)

Full ford service history

Main dealer warranty till Aug 06

Diamondbrite paint protection system (!)

100% totally standard

Usual RS features - push button start, in-dash 6 CD stereo etc etc.

Couple of bad points:

One wheel has been curbed on one of the spokes, but this could be easily refurbed.

The front end generally has a few stone chips that you'd associate with motorway driving :( Nothing too major though

I'm sure anyone who's interested in an RS would know a fair bit about them, so there's not much more to say than this is a 100% standard, genuine example. Terribleturner can vouch for my granny style driving technique, so you can be sure it hasn't been thrashed!

I'm looking for about £15k, but offers considered. Not interested in a px except for a (preferably) black TT, because that's the only other car I want!

If I've missed anything or anyone wants more info/photo's etc, please don't hesitate to PM me or reply to this thread (all bumps appreciated!)

Nick

Hey Nick. Have you put it on the RS forums at all?? :ecstatic:

Have you been to any dealers who have supra's for sale and asked how much they would give you for the RS? Part Ex you may only get £12k for it.

A private franchised dealer may give you £14k for it. Look on Parkers and see

Good luck though. :D

Hi Sab. My mate has a cossie and is well into his fords, so yep, he's gonna put it on a couple of forums for me, but doesn't hurt to put it here too - you never know, someone may want to change their supe for a newer car ;)

Gonna try to buy & sell privately this time tbh. I always feel ripped off with dealers - px offers are usually laughable, and supras are well overpriced at most dealers I've seen.

Still gotta come to see you and Rush at some point, so perhaps I'll take you for a little spin in the RS before she's sold if you want? :D

You could get a very nice Evo for that kinda money.

Thanks for that Pete. What's your point exactly?

Hi Sab. My mate has a cossie and is well into his fords, so yep, he's gonna put it on a couple of forums for me, but doesn't hurt to put it here too - you never know, someone may want to change their supe for a newer car ;)

Gonna try to buy & sell privately this time tbh. I always feel ripped off with dealers - px offers are usually laughable, and supras are well overpriced at most dealers I've seen.

Still gotta come to see you and Rush at some point, so perhaps I'll take you for a little spin in the RS before she's sold if you want? :D

Good luck with it Nick. Its not a good time of year to try and sell though, but someone should definately snap it up eventually. What offers are you expecting - truly expecting that is?

Definately up for a Spin in the RS when you come over and see Rush. Have you PM'd him atall? Do you want me to have a word? He's home for another couple of weeks

:thanku:

Thanks for that Pete. What's your point exactly?

Sorry. I was just surprised at the cost for a Focus. I've no idea what they go for so can't comment on wether it's expensive/cheap for what it is. I guess you don't get much for your money nowadays.:shrug:

I knew I recognised the username from somewhere. :tomato:

what did u do?

I have a black veilside tt and a secret ford lover.... if i had some extra cash i would swap!

ahhhh i remember the days...cheap service,off the shelf parts, park in any car park...

nice car btw!!

• 2 weeks later...

The differential in the RS focus means it's amazing around the corners apparantly. When top gear tested it, the RS absolutely blitzed an impreza around the track... not bad for a FWD car! Bascially because of the rarity of the RS badge these cars are very sought after (or at least were back when I was into the blue ovals :))

The same diff that puts you in a hedge too ;) It was known to be not the best of cars to drive - very grabby.

It's not bad at all actually. Before I bought it I saw a few reviews that claimed if you hit a cats eye or a small bump while the diff was locked you'd get f*cked off into the nearest hedge, but after 2 years, all I can say is that's absolute rubbish :rlol:

Yeah, if you nail it on a twisty B road it's........lets just say, a bit lairy, but if you're a decent driver there's nothing to worry about. That's all part of the fun anyway - cars like the audi S3 for example have a reputation as boring cos although they're quick, they just get the job done with no 'soul', but the RS certainly does!

I'm sure a few people on here have a little smile when they nail their soop and the back end squirms around for grip :respekt:

I must say too, it's absolutely fantastic on sweeping A roads!

I'm sure your right :)

I just remember a spirited drive I had against one in my old Stage 1 R33 GTR. Coming off a roundabout and up the dual carriageway, he clocked me in his rear view and booted it. He was all over the place, twitching left to right trying to get the power down, I've never seen anything like it!! I was just sitting behind on half throttle waiting for him to get out the way!!! LOL!

I do think they look mental though :D

Well yeah, when you have that much power in a FWD car you're gonna get some torque steer! Still, fun though :ecstatic:

I'm sure an R33 GTR would destroy one (especially tuned), although I gotta say the RS does look much nicer IMHO. Sometimes I think it looks a little too much like an ordinary focus from the back though....:(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.