The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WANTED : Nissan S13

Matt 6

Look out for tail gate rot the stock spoiler holds water lots of it and the bolt holes were not sealed well enough in the factory, boot floor rot due to bad sealing of the on the rear light clusters. Rot around the front suspension turrets. There is a piece of metal tack welded on to the wing side of each front turret that is the main focus of the rust. This can look a lot worse than it is, taking the plates off and welding new one is often all that is required.

Most original SMIC’s (NS) will be useless buy now. The CA180DET engine can suffer end float on the crank and still run quite well. There is an oil line feed to the turbo that can cause starvation. Quite a few owners increase the bore of this as a matter of course.

The stock radiator is pretty weak look for overflow evidence around the expansion tank OS turret fresh paint in this area is a give away.

Apart from that little lot and probably more, it is a fantastic base to work from to produce a really quick car.

I wish I'd never sold mine :(

awwwwww :)

I have to admit I don't drive it much, but it's a fantastic car to drive since i stuck the rollcage and the coilovers on it. I might sell it next year, but will probably have to fix the turbo as it sounds a bit unhealthy after I went on a drifting day!

Ah yes, that pristine interior that you ripped out :cry:

omg, what have you done to the turbo?! I nursed that baby for 7.5 years! How's it doing for rust, etc?

Man, that was a truly great car. 7.5 years and the only things I had to change were consumables like tyres, exhaust and battery. A service every 6 months and absolutedly nothing went wrong with it.

Found this S13, you guys seem to sound like you know abit about them. What do you think? Any advice?

200sx s13, in dark blue ,mods include, t28 rollerbearing turbo, front mount intercooler , stage 2 horsham chip, air filter , exhaust , external wastegate , welded diff , lowered , fully stripped out , sleepy eye kit, loves to go sideways , years m.o.t,

Ah yes, that pristine interior that you ripped out :cry:

omg, what have you done to the turbo?! I nursed that baby for 7.5 years! How's it doing for rust, etc?

Man, that was a truly great car. 7.5 years and the only things I had to change were consumables like tyres, exhaust and battery. A service every 6 months and absolutedly nothing went wrong with it.

The interior is safely stowed behind my sofa :p Turbo makes a bit of a rasping noise. Had to have a bit of welding done for rust, but overall it's good. Can't think of anything that has gone wrong, although I've not done more than about 4K.

I was thinking about welding the diff to make it better for drifting, but probably won't bother as I don't really want to knacker the handling on the road. A few people I've spoken to reckon the optional viscous diff isn't much of an improvement over the open diff and not worth upgrading to.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.