The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is it worth it?

Guest 3.0Targa

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont know i presume as it has all service history i should be able to find out from that?

if the service history only covers the UK life of the car then... :shrug:

If I were going to pay a premium for low mileage (as this price suggests in today's market) then I'd like to see proof that I'm not being taken for a ride.;)

Guest 3.0Targa

ok so say for instance i looked at other soops eg turbo and twinturbo what would you guys say is a good price for STOCK models

3.0 na

3.0 Turbo

3.0 Twin turbo

and is there much of a difference in uk and jap spec.

im sorry if this has been brought up before but the info would help me alot!

Its all horses for courses now. Decent N/A's are actually retailing around the same as average TT's. The N/A market seems to be holding strong whereas the TT market seems to be in free-fall. Its all very subjective on a car to car basis.

This car seems a bit steep initially but if the miles are genuine then it starts to make sense. If it is as good condition as it looks in the pics then I'd have to agree to it being worth most of what the asking price is. However heres the bind I know mine is worth every penny of £14k but as its not even sold at £11.5k I'll not get what I want for it. Same might be the issue here. Its up to you do you wait and see if it doesn't sell for a couple of months and offer him less for it risking it actually selling or just straight up pay the asking price

back to the topic of this red car, as JohnA mentioned, i'd be alittle curious with the miles, has the car been sitting in the sun as storage for the reason to need a repray at 40,000KM, if it really is only that, then check interior for wear. it should have hardly any if any at that milage

but looking at the photo's it does look nice condition

ok so say for instance i looked at other soops eg turbo and twinturbo what would you guys say is a good price for STOCK models

3.0 na

3.0 Turbo

3.0 Twin turbo

and is there much of a difference in uk and jap spec.

im sorry if this has been brought up before but the info would help me alot!

have a read of this:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=60

hope this helps :)

Guest 3.0Targa

thanks for all the help all, i have spoken to him and he seems a nice genuine guy but like i said im new to the mk4 so i havent got a clue what a good price is, all i can say is that i know what ever i get im never gonna see that money back as its an enthusiasts car just like the mk3, but if the car in the pics is as good as it looks then i think i would be prepared to pay the money. But just like every other bugger out there i want everything for nothing lol:tomato:

• 3 weeks later...

Red is my fave. I had a red N/A aerotop. I searched for over a year for a TT red aerotop and when I missed the only one I saw for sale in that year by an hour I gave up and bought the next best colour (in my eyes) black. The bast*rd thing was that a red one same spec as the one I bought came up for sale the week after I bought it. He put that back up for sale a month after I put mine up for sale and he sold his red one in a couple of weeks. I still have mine. Its had quite a bit of interest which considering its nearly chrimbo I was not expecting but hey thems the breaks.

yea man i got to admit it red is lovely. Agree with you on the black, i was going to go for black, but now after seeing that car, it reminded me on how much i really like red. So yea definitely a red sz for me, for now anyway.

U know if michael g's red is the standard supra stock red, or a respray. Looks very nice.

cheeky question: You know how much it sold for in the end. 2red cars here so getting a little confusing. lol

I preusme its michael g's car that was put back up for sale.

good luck with the sale mate...