The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1994 Black RZ 6 Speed Manual(gauging interest)

Tom

Yep that's right I could be selling my supra very soon,dont worry though I'm probably getting another!

Spec list;

1994 L Black 6 Speed Twin Turbo

62K Miles

Converted and reading in miles/deristricted with trl converter

Will come with 12 months MOT

Serviced @ phoenix 200 miles ago and serviced around 3k intervals

Cam belt changed at 55k

All electrics

Tein HA Coilovers

Apexi Filter

HKS Hiper exhaust

17" Split rims

El glo dials(boost gauge and oil temp)

Hose techniques kit fitted

CAT 1 Alarm installed

The car has always had both cats in and has only ever boosted at stock levels, generally 0.8bar and dynoed at 321bhp as shown on attached sheet

I am replacing all 4 tyres very soon and I still need to sort my fog light switch before I put it through the MOT, I still have the stock stereo too and I have not managed to resolve the problem of the right speaker side not working(because I havent really tried)

Apart from this the car is running great but it may require a new vsv which I am also sourcing at present.

I have all receipts work carried out by phoenix and hpi check documents from when I bought the car.

I'll be looking for around £10,500ono

There ya go!

Tom.

Pm if your interested!

Guest Flat4_ire
er price depends on quality. if all the gear is unmarked and the wheels good - then you could justify the price tag.

i hear ya, just thought that for a pretty standardish 94 it a lil pricey at mo, nice clean motor tho dude:yu:

I think it's a good price for a TT with the more desirable manual box. It's also in the most desirable colour.

Mileage is good too.

Thanks Jake, yep thats what I based it on, I've got pretty good eye for prices from trawling through autotrader every day and I would pay this from a member, the ono is there too remember!:)

Did I say you wanted a manual?

I'm not saying manual Supras are better but there's no denying that they are easier to sell - hence more desirable and are more highly valued.

If your car was a 6 speed you would have been able to sell it long ago.

nope actually i have someone knocking on my door wanting the tech advancements in a tiptronic. :limp: alls im saying is people will value things according to preference. :badidea: as for selling long ago, it so happens that one or two people already have cars who are now selling to fund interest in mine, so there is a delay.

im saying "no" to your reference to it shooting off the driveway in a flash if it was 6sp. selling a car brings with it various practical issues and you dont know the level of interest expressed privately which is still active. anyway leave this thread to the sale of the car. start one elsewhere if you wanna get your panties tied up.

I think i'm gonna keep her, I believe that'll keep my supe for sometime and I'm going to go for the nicest supe in the uk! so big plans are ahead and big money to be spent, with the above comments, yep the manual is the more desirable transmission no question about that I'd bet that 90% of pre-supra owners originally wanted a manual then drove the auto and loved it, but the tip tronic would be pretty hard to sell even though it's a nice example as there's hardly any car of that type about and people are too narrow minded in a way not to consider it, never driven one though so I have no idea what there like.

keeping it - made the right choice! :D I'm on the verge of a good insurance deal so might go for the long haul myself! tips are just like a regular auto except you have a thumb shift mode and the engine to gearbox management was uprated. love it!

• 2 weeks later...
keep it up for sale but drive it anyway - at least that way you can enjoy it without stressing about it. :idea:

Thats what I did with mine. I kept the price up and held to it in the hope it would go. Now that my aristo is sitting on my drive I want the supe gone. I dropped the price to a more reasonable 12k and have had some offers that aren't ludicrous. I may now not have to to start taking performance parts off in order to sell it. One offer this side of xmas would see me only taking 11.5k which is only a grand more for a serious aerotop than the car here is with the same age and miles so the market is in a very funny shape right now. No-one seems to know what is a more popular car right now. Interest developement is what its all about. If you get a few people interested you can rest assured the car is priced right. If none perhaps you need to lower it a bit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.