The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fse fuel pressure valve

Rich

Good in what way? I thought these rising rate FPRs had been shown make Supras run too rich at various points across the map, no?

Not seen any dynos / info to show that...

I am aware that their detractors have recommended that they are not good with single set-up - which is probably best

I am actually going to have dynos done with just fuel pump changed on the car - so we can see how these actually effect a stock set-up

As you know - the only ones we have are with FSE and Fuel Pump added- see attched

Thanks Paul, I was looking for something like that. As you say, it's a shame nobody has 'before and after' dyno plots to show the effect of an FSE only.

mrdsukautos,

There are some massive threads about the FSE. It's of the more controversial products. From doing a quick search I may have been wrong to say they have been shown to make Supras run rich, their worth is debatable though. See all the different opinions in this thread for example.

So after reading that HUGE thread :)

I am taking from it that this fse will help reduce any chance of lean spots which is my major worry on my soarer as a friend has already blown a piston due to running lean.

Am i correct or am i totally confused and dont have a clue?

I am not to technical so please be nice in your reply :) or even just treat me as stupid i wont be offended

If your friend has blown a piston in a soarer - then he must have either been running silly boost perhaps coupled with poor fuelling.

The soarer has only 330cc injectors from memory - and could probably do with these being upgraded and an AFC fitted to control them etc?

The FSE alone will not negate any 'lean' spots caused by problems with engine, fuelling or excess boost etc

Give me a shout and I will put you in touch with Bill - who has forgotten more about soareres etc...and runs TIF

Cheers

Thanks very much for the offer Paul

But lets just say me and bill dont see eye to eye mate

Its 380 as stock for the injectors and i have a set of 440's now :)

It was more of an extra safety margin i was thinking Paul but if i was wrong then fine and dandy :)

Seems like they have both been sold anyhow :(

Thanks very much for the offer Paul

But lets just say me and bill dont see eye to eye mate

Its 380 as stock for the injectors and i have a set of 440's now :)

It was more of an extra safety margin i was thinking Paul but if i was wrong then fine and dandy :)

Seems like they have both been sold anyhow :(

Ooo...sorry mate.

Yes 380's - my typo there

Are you using an AFC to control these 440's? What did the dyno run say? I have a manual soarer 2.5TT and will look to upgrade the injectors with those jap spec when I upgrade the supra

It is a good car IMHO!

Oh...and if you want an FSE ever - all on my site m8

• 2 weeks later...

Ken

yes it was me :)..and yes it was the plugs along with running 21psi on 380 injectors and nothing to control anything...ok ok i know a little mad but everything has changed since them early days..and the car is now running so nice..although i will put larger injectors than the present 440's and i really need to have a better stall on the converter :)..all in good time :).

Andy

PS

hope your enjoying your Supra mate .

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.