The mkiv Supra Owners Club

knock knock

monkey3

Guest chiefvinso

If you have an aftermarket ecu then you could get it set up but I would assume there could be other factors to consider like injectors?? I would have thought that slight blockages or dirty fuel filter or fuel pump. Not to upto speed on if these could be factors. Have you tried running lower boost as I see you have a boost controller. Also what boost are you running?

Guest chiefvinso

healthy plugs should be a dark grey, cant remember too lean but if you have a hayne manual hanging around for a different car it used to have the plug colours in the back and what they meant.

Was discussing this with a friend of mine (who is quite a whizz with turbo'd cars) last night on the way to the supra meet in west london.

And I think we've decided it can't really be detonation as I'm not putting it under enough stress.

Also the noise doesn't change in pitch or frequency dependant on revs!?!

It has a stock intercooler, but surely with the temperature the last couple of nights, the charge temp shouldn't be that high at all?

I didn't have a chance to check the plugs last night, but I will do tonight.

• 1 month later...

OK, just had the inspiration to turn off the boost controller as the sound is coming roughly from the direction of the dual sbc box under the bonnet.

When I say turn off, I mean turn back to factory boost rather than disconnect or anything.

The noise stops!!! WOOHOO!!! (I think)

Does anyone else have the blitz dual sbc boost controller, and if so does theirs make any noise?

Do you think the solenoids are dying maybe?

Would it be worth contacting blitz?

if yes... why?

Hiya, im sorry, i havent read all the posts here so I dont know if it has been covered but....

A little while ago my car was making that horrible "tinkling" sound of detonation while on load. Even the mechanic thought it might be. It turned out to be a hole in the exhaust and went when it was fixed. Any holes in your exhaust? Does it "puff-puff" at idle at all. Look in the engine bay and under the car while its running to listen for it.

Edit: Never mind :D