The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fcu*in Wa**ers

Lucifer

just read the thread, so sorry to hear what happened to you. hope the police can get onto this for you a.s.a.p., even more so as you were not insured.

one day they guys who did this, i hope will get what they deserve.

anyways, you have your friends here, who will support you at this time. which i am sure helps some.

Thanks for all your kind words..... Some reprieve tho....

Phoned the insurance company on the off chance, and it seems we are insured !!!!!

The form we had to sign was for Excessive personal items and single items over £1000...

So still not good news but its getting better!.

Yes we do have an alarm, but its not battery backup and they switched off the power. Time for a new one me thinks.

Thanks all. Hope it makes you guys think a little closer on your security, I wouldnt wish this on anyone.

Martin

OMG Just read this...then read that you are infact insured...thank God, but still not good.

Everyone should have an alarm system these days..and not some Maplin bodge job, a proper one with monitoring...also its often good to lock every single door in your house when you go out...lots of people do this and it slows em down or they often give up!

Si

:hug:

Thanks for all your kind words..... Some reprieve tho....

Phoned the insurance company on the off chance, and it seems we are insured !!!!!

The form we had to sign was for Excessive personal items and single items over £1000...

So still not good news but its getting better!.

Yes we do have an alarm, but its not battery backup and they switched off the power. Time for a new one me thinks.

Thanks all. Hope it makes you guys think a little closer on your security, I wouldnt wish this on anyone.

Martin

Sorry to hear about this Martin.

The insurance is good news though. You will probably be able to brake the things over £1k down in smaller single items though. For example the turbo kit into "Turbo, Manifold and pipework" etc :)

Gaz.

Really really good news about the insurance! As for them turning off the power to your house shows they were pretty professional and must have known you had some high value goods or probably wouldnt have bothered.

I always wonder about burglar alarms I mean however good the alarms get the criminals just get better. They know how to turn them off, override codes etc I wouldnt be surprsied if they fit them in some cases! How did they actually enter your house?

YEah, ive now just gone through all teh items and looks like its only the Main PC that will have issues. The Insurance company actually very helpful considering (Elephant if ur interested)

Total claim is looking ITRO £9k

Have you considered breaking the PC down into separate components too? Claim insurance for the motherboard/graphics card/monitor/CPU/memory separately? I know people who have succesfully done this.....

Really really good news about the insurance! As for them turning off the power to your house shows they were pretty professional and must have known you had some high value goods or probably wouldnt have bothered.

I always wonder about burglar alarms I mean however good the alarms get the criminals just get better. They know how to turn them off, override codes etc I wouldnt be surprsied if they fit them in some cases! How did they actually enter your house?

If the alarm battery was correct for the system and in a good state then it should last for a minimum of 8 hours,and even after that the battery back-up in the sounder should ring! Either they were very professional or just lucky!

PC now sorted as teh Insurance company Aknowledge its a high value item for everyone, just ogt to get the recepits.. luckily all bought from same website.

Battery in Alarm was dead, as I have recently found out!!!

Just in the process of upgrading the entire alarm system now to a 24hr monitored system with Telephone call messaging, remote listning, webcam X25 compliant.

:yeahthat:

You had any callers or tradesmen in that you don't know or trust. I doubt these things are at random esp in secluded places...

Gaz.

You've been there 2 months you say so you just moved into the place in all reality. That kind of haul would have required a large van to hit it in one go, say a removals sized van ??? Its not just an offchance hit with that much kit taken. In the very least that stuff was all seen going into the house if it wasn't informed on if you catch my drift.

Yeah sure, The full story goes.....

Behind my HOuse along a track is a Lorry repair yard, they tried in that the same night but could not get the gates open (presumably for a van) so the forensic guy said.

So Im / were are guessing they then tried the next available emty house.....

Oh and another Farm type unit was done in teh next village down shortly before.

Bastards !!!!!! :swear:

I can't imagine what you must feel like at this moment in time. :shrug:

The more security devices on you home the better really, but have you thought about a police monitoring system as you are isolated from other houses ?

We used to have it in our old house, and thankfully it was only used once by mistake but the boys in blue were at our house in very quick time !

Not much consultation for you though .

I'll keep a look out on the net for you aswell fella, ebay etc

Good luck

Mark

When we got burgled here, oddly enough it was actually around the same time a four years ago...we were very vulnerable, no alarm, and the phone number in the directory.

It started with someone phoning then hanging up userlly in the evening..I actually said at the time 'i reckon its someone trying to find out if we were in'

So

24 Hour monitored alarm (Essential these days)

Security Lights (puts the spotlight on Intruders)

Lock interconnecting doors (helps slow em down)

Go Ex Directory and leave some lights on when out(helps keep you in the dark as to your movements)

Oh yeah Never leave ya car keys where an intruder can find em

Avoiding being burgled is a career in itself

:shrug: