The mkiv Supra Owners Club

whats this warning light?

lockys96

You sure no other lights came on, like the handbrake light? Faulty handbrake sensor?

Try pulling the handbrake on slightly and then putting it back down when the light comes on again.

not at 70 though,

you mean before i switch the engine off, put handbrake on then take off to see if the light goes out.

si

my moneys still on the brake fluid.

The reservoir may look full but try putting some more in and see if it takes it.

iam with tepster, mine light was on untill i had it topped up. brakes had next to no pad on when this happened to me. fluid drained from reservoir.

shit my self as it came on at donington park going round hollywood at 100mph (not joking).

tt steve

no other flashing lights, it has the active spoiler button, no active spoiler on the car

Thats the dadio then. Im guessing a loose wire is causing it from where the spoiler has been taken off then. Especially as there are no other warnings. If it was the low brake fluid you would get the light coming on when you'd gone up or down hills. If it was a speed sensor to do with the delimiter speedo conversion you'd get an ecu code and I think you would get flashing lights as well.

well i tried the handbrake on/off before switch off, and nothing happend.

i went out for a stroll, just over 60mph and on again, it looks like it could be the active spoiler thing, but nothing else is flashing, the spoiler button is pushed in, so its off.

is this the speed when it should cut in, 60mph

Guest beastly

i have had same problem for months- thought it was oil- but now my engine management light comes on constantly and o/d flashes. Car is rough and very sluggish - is booked in at place tomorrow to check out whats happening, can let you know outcome - if your still stuck.

dont think my car is rough. my light isnt on constantly, only after 60-70mph and then goes off when ignition is turnt off, my o/d doesnt flash.

If there is no active spoiler button flashing, then must be a faulty speedo reading as said before?

just dont feel like ripping the car to pieces to find the intruding part

i will have a look jurgen, mind you my warning light is only stays on until you stitch the ignition off, this guys car your refering to, was staying on all the time.

i thought the same as you it goes off at ingintion then comes back and stays on after certain speed, it it yours spoiler ecu needs disconnecting and then reset,

db am collecting on thurs night

i have picked up the car, and am driving it.

it was damaged during shipping, the bumper cracked passenger side near wheel, and then pulled the fixing out from the 1/4 pannel, and has cracked near headlight, as it flexed there, its a do-luck front, needs repairing

OK now I am not a happy bunny. My speedo aint workin today so I've lost a signal somewhere along the line. I have voltage at the thor box and there is a voltage going into the box and another voltage coming out of the box and going to the plug to the speedo so WTF is going on? I need the input and output voltage ranges now. There is also the flashing O/D off light and the negine management light that comes on at about 60 so that is definitely what happens when you lose the speed signal.

Guest beastly
Beastly yours will be almost certainly something to do with the speed sensor. Further back is the method to extract the code from the engine management system.

thanks- just spent ages looking up all about the sensors and yes it is - decided not to take the car to powerhouse to be checked out - too much money, but now i know what it is gonna go to max gt - get it sorted. The car is actually running much quicker as i also discovered that i have been putting unleaded in my car and its an import and should be run on optimax or the equivelant, put optimax in it and the differance is amazing, am driving it like i use to and enjoying my car again! Thanks for confirming.