The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie Here

Guest Flat4_ire

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Flat4_ire
Answer this truthfully.....have you ever had a race with a supra???

haha no man i havent, but i would very confident of one with a relatively standard supra, and a proper drag, a rolling start would be a differnt story altogether yes, the sti type r i have is really a "launchy, rip thru the gears 0-80mph type car", and i love the handling, but in real life when do u ever get to do proper drag races?? and im not really into street races, dont have to prove anything..kinda grow out of that stage,its normally the guys with the less powerful cars who want to race anyway!! anyway,only thing that i dont really like about the supra is rwd and its weight, but cant have it every way i guess..id say a mildly tuned 400bhp supra pulls wickedly to 170mph! :)

Guest Flat4_ire
haha sweet man, i know what they are capable of but that supra has a minimum of 950bhp-1100bhp i bet and anti lag and probably a traction/launch control system fitted! ;) u guys havent got to try convince me really, i know im gonna get one anyway ;) but feel free to tell me ur stories, i know they are great cars for easily taking high horsepower and the standard getrag g.box can take like 600bhp? thats serious stuff, thats why im selling the scooby to be honest, 400bhp scoob is a bit more awkward to get than 400bhp supra, its all about reliabily at the end of the day too ya know

Guest Flat4_ire
Welcome Fella! :welcome:

Im also 22, whats the insurance ££££ on ur scooby?

:D

how are ya, i have traders policy so i pay 2k and can drive anything worth up to 50k! :) i import cars here and there and told the insurance company i need it and they gave me it, dream come true really cos here in ireland insurance is mad expensive and havin 2.ltr turbo cars at this age is a gift to have, let alone 3ltr twin turbo supra :)

Guest Flat4_ire
Heheh thats not bad then, Im paying £1600 with 4yrs ncb. :thumbdown

Good luck with ur serch fella :D

mint black or white 400brake TT 6 speed will takes my fancy, get up pics lads will yis

Guest Flat4_ire
he he no probs there dude.....supra all the way :)

thats what i reckon myself man, prob go for a nice clean 95 or 96 tt 6 spd, lowered with a nice set of rims and they just look the damn business, heard one the other day in dublin with a ful system and i was very impressed

Guest Flat4_ire

whatever i get anyway it will be run on 100ron fuel so that shouldnt be a problem, would like to have her at round 400bhp anyway, is it safe to fully decat the exhaust without an ecu remap? not as up on the supras as i am with scoobs, standard boost seems low enough for a 3ltr TT..wanted to know is 400bhp achievable with standard injectors,intercooler etc?? it will be jap spec by the way

Guest Flat4_ire
Welcome

thanx man. 22 from southern Ireland anyway, currently selling my sti type r to see what these supras are like!! so dont give me no stick about being a paddy ok?? ;)

Guest Flat4_ire
400bhp is achievable without a remap, you just need to make sure the stock fuel system can cope - i.e. renew the fuel pump with an uprated one, as a safety measure and the spark plugs are suitable etc...

u reckon a full decat with uprated fuel pump and il be running on proper 100ron fuel this should see 400 at the flyhweel?

is it safe to fully decat the exhaust without an ecu remap?

wanted to know is 400bhp achievable with standard injectors,intercooler etc??

Yes & Yes.

Do a search for decat or BPU. You'll need additional mods for BPU/Decat however.

Fuel Cut Defender.

Walbro Pump (Your JSpec one will no doubt be tired. And you don't want to risk your AFRs going 16,17's on 17psi WOT)

Decent plugs ... I use denso IK24's

Decent unrestrictive exhaust.

Restrictor Ring

Decat pipes

Boost gauge

With 440 injectors .. not sure what the duty cycle will be at full boost - if it's too high .. and you get det .. an Aero FPR I think will be needed.

And make sure the SMIC is in good nick.

Can't think of anything else.

Guest Flat4_ire
Yes & Yes.

Do a search for decat or BPU. You'll need additional mods for BPU/Decat however.

Fuel Cut Defender.

Walbro Pump (Your JSpec one will no doubt be tired. And you don't want to risk your AFRs going 16,17's on 17psi WOT)

Decent plugs ... I use denso IK24's

Decent unrestrictive exhaust.

Restrictor Ring

Decat pipes

Boost gauge

With 440 injectors .. not sure what the duty cycle will be at full boost - if it's too high .. and you get det .. an Aero FPR I think will be needed.

And make sure the SMIC is in good nick.

Can't think of anything else.

cool il keep it in mind, are the standard ecu's in j spec supras remappable?

100 ron and full xhaust system,fuel pump and proper spark plugs will be first on the list anyway

:yeahthat: I think that pretty well sums it up. Most of the mods are actually just safety measures to ensure the car stays reliable and doesn't self destruct. The decat + restrictor and cat back exhaust, with the FCD and spark plugs should transform the car :D

Edit: Standard ECU is not remappable. Typically a piggy back ECU (e.g. Greddy Emanage) is added to allow remapping, or a more costly stand alone like an AEM or Motec if you want to go all the way in the future...

Clarkey has a point, although I have gone BPU before the brake upgrade. It probably depends how you drive and the condition of the brakes on the car. J-sepc brakes in good condition stop the car fine, but if you're using them a lot (say around a country lane or round the track) then at some point I expect they will fade/loose their bite, which won't be good.

Anyway after fitting my fuel pump, brakes is next on the list (or is it RLTC? lol)

Guest Flat4_ire
Clarkey has a point, although I have gone BPU before the brake upgrade. It probably depends how you drive and the condition of the brakes on the car. J-sepc brakes in good condition stop the car fine, but if you're using them a lot (say around a country lane or round the track) then at some point I expect they will fade/loose their bite, which won't be good.

Anyway after fitting my fuel pump, brakes is next on the list (or is it RLTC? lol)

yeah dont worry il prob spend every damn penny on the thing, just like the sti type r , so funny, all the guys on the scoobynet forum are shouting at me to keep the scoob..they kinda bias tho i guess