The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WTD: 9005 bulb connector

michael

I need the grey plastic plug that pushes into the 9005 headlamp bulb - the idiotic ass-clowns that repaired my car seem to have cut corners and replaced a damaged one with a pair of lucar connectors pushed straight onto the bulb with no protection from moisture or contact with each other.

I only noticed this at the weekend when trying to fit the HID kit so I've decided to put this off until I can get the connector.

Ideally I'd like one with wires attached, hopefully one of the people breaking a car at the moment might have one to save me looking for other cars with 9005s in the local scrapyards :)

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to update this one - I got one from Dewsbury Auto Salvage last weekend, they began by telling me they didn't have one but eventually let me through the reception area (you can't just walk in now) to look for myself.

After walking though thick oily mud to the back of the site where the Toyota are I found one on a Celica and took it off, I wandered back with my honest head on and presented it at the counter..... I expected to pay £1.00.... they charged me £5.00!!!

I paid it (because I probably owe them more than that following previous visits ;)) but it hurt :)

Anyway it's fitted and works a treat, I feel much better now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.