The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wanted to borrow - fan/heater unit

RobSheffield

It does that when it's not plugged in, Rob. I had to drive my car somewhere but my dash was out at the time. I soon noticed that the heater was on max heat without any of the controls being connected. Not pleasant, is it!

Anyway, I think DB has an old one with knackered LEDs he might lend you. He had my old good one.

It does that when it's not plugged in, Rob. I had to drive my car somewhere but my dash was out at the time. I soon noticed that the heater was on max heat without any of the controls being connected. Not pleasant, is it!

Anyway, I think DB has an old one with knackered LEDs he might lend you. He had my old good one.

aha - may try to investigate that whilst i check out my wierd clock.....

You might find it's just that one of the two orange terminal connectors has come out.

Do the LEDs still work? Does it blow cold air OK?

all LEDS (apart from aircon and rear screen demist) work, i can direct air wherever i want it, but the temp guage makes no difference - always blows hot. fan speed can be adjusted. aircon doesnt come on (though iirc, it wont unless the heat is set low) by this i mean the engine revs dont drop when you switch it on (aware it could be a led out....)

rear screen does actually work though, i can hear a relay fire, and the screen does clear

hope that was enough of an explanation!

i hope my rear screen led broke (not a problem) and the orange plug that goes to the dial that controls the heat is diosconnected somehow

there are a lot of plugs to plug in when fitting the dash panel!!!!

there are a lot of plugs to plug in when fitting the dash panel!!!!
Not really mate. Two orange ones for the heater controls. One for the ciggy lighter, one for the clock, one for the TRAC switch, maybe a fog light or alarm LED. They're all unique fittings though - can't go wrong. Get in there! :D

Not really mate. Two orange ones for the heater controls. One for the ciggy lighter, one for the clock, one for the TRAC switch, maybe a fog light or alarm LED. They're all unique fittings though - can't go wrong. Get in there! :D

true - on the face of it there arent THAT many

but its difficult attaching all of them, when sitting in the drivers seat!

when i get my car back tomorrow, ill have another go at it!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.