The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wanted : 3 spoke, non airbag, stock wheel

Guigsy

Getting a bit bored of my aftermarket wheel.

Looking to go back to a non airbag stock one.

Anyone got anything that isnt going to rip my wallet out via my arsehole like everything on faceboot is?

Dont need it covered in alcantara or carbon or anything.  just a stock. boring, non airbag steering wheel.

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

• Guigsy changed the title to Wanted : 3 spoke, non airbag, stock wheel

The stock wheel came in two varieties. One is composite covered giving a hard rubber feel. These do polish up a lot with use. The other much more expensive option was the leather covered wheel. Last year you could still buy the composite wheel new for around £750 from memory which isn't that bad. That is without the horn boss though that was also still available and from memory that is around £600. 

The leather ones are only available second hand now and those tend to start at £300 for destroyed versions. So, you can get the leather ones cheap enough so long as you are prepared to refurbish them. I bought a leather wheel 8 years ago and refurbished it and I have to say it looks good on my parts shelf. I still haven't got around to fitting it. So if you want to go tight and keep your wallet closed then this is probably the best way to proceed.

I did a write up on this forum of my leather wheel restoration that you might benefit from checking out. I found it to be quite a rewarding exercise.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.