The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Accessing Junction Box - Passenger Side

Probby

Hi there, 

I have an issue where I have no permanent live through to the stereo/antenna etc. I've traced it to the green/orange plugs (GC1/AC1) respectively. It looks like whatever bridges the orange plug to the green plug is down as I have no continuity between the two but have continuity between the battery and and the green plug and the orange plug to the antenna/stereo power. 

The junction box is in the passenger side footwell however it's pretty tough to move around. Does anyone knows what I need to remove to get it out ? I've disconnected all the plugs and taken out the bolt but wonder if there are any other hidden fixings ? 

Thanks in advance 

@Mike2JZcheers I've just seen your message. I ended up using a bore scope to find the top slider you were on about.

As soon as I pushed the green connector out of it the blue/yellow wire appeared - crimped bit has corroded leaving the pin in the plug.

Id really like to re-pin it but that's gonna be an absolute arse to get to. I'm also not sure what pins those plugs take ...

Cheers Mike, It's the green plug in shot here. Like I say the bottom right pin is still in place so it looks grand from the front. 

If you know what tool you need to get them out and what crimp they are I'll happily order some. Equally, am hoping they are similar to the ones on my Subaru so I can pinch one off the spare loom there 🙂 

GreenPlug.png

Thought I'd update this for reference. Anyone who's interested: 

Part Numbers (green plugs in picture)

90980–11416 - Female 16 pin plug

90980–11415 - Male 16 pin plug

Male/female pins are Sumitomo TS / DL / SL 090 Male Terminal 0.5 - 1.25

Can get them from here: https://www.automotiveconnectors.com/sumitomo-09023mm-male-contact-03-125mm.html 

Edited by Probby (see edit history)
  • Like 2