The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Built Dog EngagemetR154 Gearbox Conversion Kit

Mike2JZ

Hi, 

Have the following from my car up for sale so I can fund a more ridiculous transmission, so get yourself a deal. 

All the following parts will come together as a full plug and play kit for mkiv supra with a JZ engine and has everything you need regardless if you are converting from a manual or auto setup. 

My aim with this set of parts was to be able to hold north of 1000hp with a similar amount of torque, which they have all been able to do with ease on my last setup. 

Whilst I started my new project on the Supra, I sent the transmission back to PGS in Finland for a service checkover. Whilst there I had a few gears replaced with the new "HD Formula" gears which are a bit beefier and have some treatments on them compared to the "HD" gears. Gearbox was assembled balanced and clearanced by PGS, and has done 0 miles since the service so fresh and ready for the next owner. 

Gear ratio's of box are the same as OEM R154, I would pair this with 3.7 Ratio diff for best balance or 3.2 Diff if you have lots of power and want lots of top end speed. 

Gearbox is noisier than a stock R154, but as the gears are helical cut you dont get the crazy gearbox whine of a straightcut gearset, so you wont go deaf if driving a long distance. As there are no synchros the shifting on this box can be extremely fast. You can still drive it around and use a clutch between gear shifts like a normal box if you are poodling around or if you setup flat foot shifting then you can keep the throttle pinned through gearshifts and have the ECU cut enough power momentarily to allow the box to slide into next gear. I've recorded shifts as fast at 70ms using this method. 

Clutch pedal is super light on this setup and clutch plates can be slipped easily. Certainly grabbier than an OEM clutch but its not an on/off switch, can get decent clutch slippage and modulation. Clutch has done around 1000miles and has plenty of life left in it, so wont have to look into servicing that anytime soon. 

Parts Included:

R154 Late Tripod Style Casing from JZX100
PGS HD & HD Formula Mix Gearset rated for 1400nm of torque
MKIV Supra OEM Crossmember & OEM Gearbox mount
SRD HD Propshaft 
W58 Shifter (will also provide the R154 shifter as a spare)
Solid Shifter Bushings
OEM Gear speed sensor
OEM W58 Tunnel Rubber/Cover

KTY23680-2E 230mm Twin Ceramic rated for 1800nm of torque
- Includes Flywheel, ARP Flywheel Bolts & Concentric Slave cylinder setup.
OEM Clutch Master cylinder + Clutch Line

Price = £6500 ono

Collection from SRD, or can quote to get everything on a pallet delivered. 

Quick video so you can see some shifting and noise from the setup. 

20200909_190833.jpg

20200910_114553.jpg

20200910_114609.jpg

IMG_2001.JPG

IMG_2003.JPG

IMG_2004.JPG

IMG_2009.JPG

IMG_2010.JPG

IMG-20191216-WA0017.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.