The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2jz distributor delete

phil.g.

Hi,

im thinking of doing a distributor delete on my 2jz ge-t so I can garentee the spark and  to make it cleaner looking, is there any links of people that have done it themselves on a budget?

ive seen the kits that are available but funds are tight so I want to do the build myself,

any help would be great,

thanks very much,

phil.

How far do you want to go with it? Blank off the cap of the distributor and run smart coils? Or remove the dizzy altogether and take cam/crank signal from elsewhere too?

If you want rid of the entire dizzy, I haven't seen anyone come up with an altrernative solution to chaning the oil pump for a GTE or GE VVTi one. So you'll probably need that along with a crank trigger wheel, crank sensor and an ECU to calibrate it all. This is probably the bulk of the £ to do the work.

Cam sensor wise it's just a case of plugging the distributor hole and mounting a sensor which you will either need TT style cams to do or run a different cam gear with a trigger point on it. I've got a bracket mounted in front of the exhaust cam and runs an OEM crank sensor to pick up a bolt head. Up to you how you want to run it but will need to be handy on the tools to produce something as it needs to be very accurate with a small gap between the sensor and trigger head. I picked up the Goleby's kit when the exchange rate was good, so wasn't that expensive.

https://golebysparts.au/products/2jzge-trigger-kit-golebys-parts-distributor-delete?variant=15746035646573

Cheaper option in Aus too: https://www.supravworld.com/product-page/crank-trigger-kit-no-cam-trigger-non-vvti-2jz-ge

Coil packs is then just clips and wiring. I've been using NGK U5002 coils with great success so far. Fits nicely under the TT plug cover too.

• 5 months later...

Hi, 

I have 2jzge na+t (whifbitz nat kit). Currently running on dizzy and makes about 300kw at the rear wheels. 

I've got some tt rocker/spark plug covers and a ffim which i want to fit. Going with r35 coils. What route do i take in regards to trigger/cam/crank sensors. 

I don't mind leaving the distributor there with a smaller cover, but do I necessarily need to drill into my head for a cam sensor or change to a gte oil pump for the crank sensor? Or run the golebys cam trigger kit (top kit)? 

Any advise will be appreciated. 

Thanks 

-Alex 

9 hours ago, akumar13531 said:

Hi, 

I have 2jzge na+t (whifbitz nat kit). Currently running on dizzy and makes about 300kw at the rear wheels. 

I've got some tt rocker/spark plug covers and a ffim which i want to fit. Going with r35 coils. What route do i take in regards to trigger/cam/crank sensors. 

I don't mind leaving the distributor there with a smaller cover, but do I necessarily need to drill into my head for a cam sensor or change to a gte oil pump for the crank sensor? Or run the golebys cam trigger kit (top kit)? 

Any advise will be appreciated. 

Thanks 

-Alex 

If i was you i would look at Induction Performance and there FSM FU Distributer delete kit, comes with everything you need and the sensor just goes behind exhaust cam gear and reads from there, believe it does need to be connected to stand alone ECU. 

Hope that helps