The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dashboard, door card and interior plastic paint.

Jack1998

Evening all, 

Just wondering if anyone has painted the dashboard and interior plastics and if so what have you used? 

I've got a few scratches, a few holes and just a general fade throughout my car. So am going to strip it out fill where necessary and repaint all surfaces. Just unsure as to what paint to use to get that OEM satin finish on the vinyl door cards and dash and the remaining plastics. 

I'm hoping to keep the thread updated when I do it for anyone with the same idea in the future. 

Cheers, 

Jack. 

38 minutes ago, Ric said:

I used black plastidip and was happy with the finish although it's not fully OEM colour. 

I think Gary on here had a pretty in depth painting thread with the colours which closely matched OEM.

I've seen a few plastidip posts from various other cars and thinned down upon raptor. How has it held up over time? I figured with it being rubberised coating it would eventually peel 🤔

Don't suppose you have a link to Gary's post? Or his username so I can have a dig? 

Cheers.