The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Code 13 /Running Rich/Rough Idle

shervin_ice

Hi Guys ,

i have a little problem with my supra 

its single Turbo ,600cc injectors and fitted with HKS FCON GOLD ,

She’s running rich on start up and AFR reading 9.50 and when it gets warmer AFR seats between 10.50 to 11.00 and i get error codes 13 and 21 

the car never had O2 sensor and the plug is just there but nothing has been connected 

so far I have checked BOTH CRANK SENSORS RESISTANCE AND CRANK SHAFT SENSOR all readings okay and all the wiring on the ecu has been checked an all seems okay!!

the strange thing is if i start the car and hold the accelerator on 1100 the engine code not comes up but as soon as let go the accelerator and RPM goes on 900 or 1000 the engine light comes on and don’t go away 

could this be something to do with TPS SENSOR ?

i have checked the oem Ecu with my other supra and works fine and 12v fuel pump mode has been done as i had a problem with my oem fuel pump ecu !

any suggestions would be very helpful 

thanks 

Edited by shervin_ice (see edit history)

Checked the timing? Might have jumped a tooth or the belt has stretched causing it to run out of whack maybe.

I'm not an expert on the whole O2 sensor thing but surely something must have been done to get around the ECU not picking up an O2 sensor in the first place. Has there been a resistor spliced in near the plug or something that needs replacing?

11 hours ago, Style said:

Checked the timing? Might have jumped a tooth or the belt has stretched causing it to run out of whack maybe.

I'm not an expert on the whole O2 sensor thing but surely something must have been done to get around the ECU not picking up an O2 sensor in the first place. Has there been a resistor spliced in near the plug or something that needs replacing?

Thanks for your in put and yes i done my timing belt recently and when I checked my timing yesterday it was 10  degrees off and i was like whatttttt !!! I done the timing again today  and i need to check all over again ,

bought a new GATES RPM BELT AND OEM tensioner but I remember I bought a brand new hydraulic tensioner of ebay and the seller told me its genuine toyota but I think it wasnt maybe copy  so i just ordered one again today from toyota maybe its the hydraulic tensioner it doesn’t do the job right i just need to go through everythings so that never happen again as i always done my timing but never had any problems like this before 😊

• Like 2