The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel Speed sensor for TC

Johnny176

Hi Folks,

I have a 1993 J-Spec TT 6 speed. I'd like to wire a front wheel speed sensor into my standalone ECU but I'm struggling to find the wire to tap. 

Post #7 here said I should be able to pick the clean signal from the cables going into the Traction ECU located in the passenger footwell beside the main ECU - "These are all on connector T9(A), and the Traction ECU is right next to the main engine ECU"

I have searched the interwebs trying to find where this T9(A) connecter is actually located. Thought it shouldn't be too hard since it looks like it should be a 26 pin connector in the passenger footwell that runs cables to the big box labelled "Throttle Control" beside the main ECU. 

This should be a similar wire that some folk will have tapped into for the Race Logic Traction Control.

Can anyone give me a steer in the right direction please?

You have a choice. 

Either use the ABS Front/Rear output wiring that is sent from ABS ECU to the TRAC ECU. Make sure your traction control ECU is unplugged if you wish to use these signals. 

Or

Go to wiring at the ABS ECU, and splice into the positive wire direct from the ABS sensors

Thanks Mike. Hoped to use the wires at the TRAC ECU, this is the box beside the main ECU in the passenger footwell labelled Throttle Control isn't it?

Is this diagram saying that there is an orange cable going into this box on pin 6 which is the signal for the front left wheel sensor?

image.png.0c33045227d9430c3d8f9052cc4d52e9.png

Remove this box completely, leaving just the loom connecter. Take Orange on pin 6 for my signal?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 11:18 PM, Johnny176 said:

Thanks Mike. Hoped to use the wires at the TRAC ECU, this is the box beside the main ECU in the passenger footwell labelled Throttle Control isn't it?

Is this diagram saying that there is an orange cable going into this box on pin 6 which is the signal for the front left wheel sensor?

image.png.0c33045227d9430c3d8f9052cc4d52e9.png

Remove this box completely, leaving just the loom connecter. Take Orange on pin 6 for my signal?

Yes. You are correct. The orange is pin 6 on the connector that goes into the "throttle control" box right next to the engine ecu. You can use this signal for traction control. Ive hooked mine up to Orange (front left) and Yellow (Rear right) and is seems to work.