The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help!! newbie needs insurance!!

Lubas

They aren't less power, that's a myth mate. Some of the spare parts are more expensive and/or difficult to obtain. 95% (or more) of the parts are exactly the same though.

I think they charge more for imports just because they always charge more for anything they can think of.

I agree with Jake on this, that you're paying for the fact that these cars can cost big ££'s to fix. Mine was lightly tail-ended a few months back and cost £4K to fix and a months cost of a hire car. I guess that statistics say young drivers are more likely to crash a powerful rear wheel drive car.

I pay £620 for my TT (33) - I'd never pay £3k just for insurance!!

J

Reading this reminds me just how annoying the insurance thing is with an import. It really drives me mad every year with the 'Oh don't insure imports' and you have to be 25 or for some companies 30 to get insurance on an import. But its any excuse to charge extra for insurance but it has to be one of the worst things about the car. Hopefully I'll get a good renewal from Sky and wont have to worry.

I agree with Jake on this, that you're paying for the fact that these cars can cost big ££'s to fix. Mine was lightly tail-ended a few months back and cost £4K to fix and a months cost of a hire car. I guess that statistics say young drivers are more likely to crash a powerful rear wheel drive car.

I pay £620 for my TT (33) - I'd never pay £3k just for insurance!!

J

but surely a uk car would be just as expensive to fix as an import?:shrug:

It makes no sense. But i think you will be in luck. with your budget you will definatly get a UK. they have dropped loads recently. However you may be out for a wait for the right one. Just please dont settle for a colour you dont want.... i sooooo nearly did but now got storm blue and am in love.

In fact in love even more tonight cause just kicked an evo 6's ass!

Let us know how you get on.

Dont forget when they say whats your best quote say £600 and my milage is limited to 8000 but they never asked the milage so i am sorted till my next MOT so then its obviously recorded.

I think i am mad paying what im paying but its worth every penny. if you can afford it then go for it.

Reference me being the youngest TT owner, i think rallure is also 20 so not sure if i have the title! must be close though ;)