The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Might be time to go single now

Celicasaur

Hey folks, some nooby queries i have, so would like some constructive feedback please. 

My stock twins have been dying a slow death for a while now and I've insisted on doing the single conversion myself, because...well, I probably can, as I'm very comfortable with big projects. However, I refuse to do it until one of my other cars is finished, which doesn't look like it'll be until the Autumn. However my stock twins are a little too smokey now and the last thing I want is to break down after having just bought some chicken.

SO, I have my intercooler, turbo, wastegate and manifold of choice. I'd like to run it on the stock ECU at low boost, just to keep the car running and not get terribly involved with spending huge amounts just yet, as I'm not ready to go balls deep with it. I'm not even fussed with just using it up to 4000rpm, as that's what I've been doing (at best) for the last couple of years anyway. I just want it to stop smoking for now, as I mostly just cruise around in the car anyway and with the Autumn/Winter getting ever closer, I'll probably do the same for a good while yet.

What I still need would be the fuel system doing (I don't have any parts for this yet) and the misc bits like the oil/coolant lines, downpipe made up etc

Can anybody recommend a place that would be able to do what I'd like them to do with it? if so, do we have a rough ballpark figure as to how much I'd need to budget for the work/fuel system and how long my car might be at the workshop for? Target power will be 700hp, but on low boost, it should do around 500.

The alternative would of course be to store the car until the spring next year and then do it myself as planned, but I'm getting on a bit now and since being a dad, I do kinda prefer spending time with my daughter on the weekends rather than wrenching on the cars all the time.

Ahhhh......interesting....

The car had the cats when I bought it...literally in the week that I took them off, the smoking started. Thankfully I still have the cats...this might be worth trying.

I'll see if I can find the time to fit them back and report back here.

10 hours ago, Celicasaur said:

Ahhhh......interesting....

The car had the cats when I bought it...literally in the week that I took them off, the smoking started. Thankfully I still have the cats...this might be worth trying.

I'll see if I can find the time to fit them back and report back here.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Don't forget to get some new exhaust gaskets 👍