The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jspec remote key fobs - there is some hope at last

rider

The Jspec cars are unique in Supra World in that their remote entry is the Denso unit sat under the seat that came supplied with two fobs and it is not programmable. So no additional or replacement key fobs can be added. The other regional variants did come with a programmable unit situated above the steering column. I looked at sourcing a spare Denso unit with its two key fobs and blank blades probably 10 years ago now and they were very difficult to track down even then and the price then was well over £200, so I decided not to bother.

Moving on a few years, I happened upon this recent Mk4 video where someone fitted a new fob entry module out of Australia. I've put some feelers into the Aussie company mentioned to see what is going on regarding a new module and key setup for RHD Jspec cars and will post up any response(s) that I receive. In the meantime, the video is a worthwhile watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqKoAzPgeCs&ab_channel=SpeedAcademy

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

An update on this.

I have been bouncing emails with the Aussie gent who supplied the plug and play module and fobs that feature in the video. This option isn't cheap, he has mentioned A$270 for the unit and one fob or a$440 for the unit and two fobs. So, although this is an option people would need to weight up the plug and play advantage cost over say a £15 unit from eBay that would have to be spliced into the factory wiring.

I asked if he would be interested in supplying units to the UK and if he is I'll post up the contact information here so anyone interested can contact the person direct. He isn't quick at responding to emails but he does say that he always gets there in the end.