The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thor DSC & TSD work on VVTi?

Pete

At the weekend I removed the HKS SLDII and the poxy Speed convertor, the car definately seemed to drive better in its native KMH mode. However I've obviously upset something as the speedometer is now intermittant :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised given the horrible bullet connection that had been used. Time to start resoldering joints.

I then installed the SpeedM8 which was only three wires - two spliced into the Red speed input wire, one to the blue/red speed to the rest of the system. Now I'm damn sure this is going to mean all other devices will receive the MPH signal instead of a 1:1 signal. I don't have active spoiler or cruise and trac is off in leiu of RLTC, that's just the steering to worry about.

Delimeter worked fine up to 120 leptons on the private test road.

When I've sorted the intermittant speedo I'll be able to tell you more, initially it seems ok, but it's difficult to compare the steering effect as I'm sure it's all in my mind. Time will tell.

I just hope it's not down to the wire which was cut stupidly close to the plug behind the clock and I had to resolder - there was just enough wire to do this :(

That was the pink wire which I believe is the speed output to other devices, so wouldn't affect the speedo function?

Oaky doaky,

After literaly hours of fiddling with wire, soldering, re-soldering, choping out previous owners old bullet connections, putting togther, taking apart, using as a daily driver in between, I finally found why the speedo was intermittant.

The old convertor was wired by using the screws off the back off the speedo, when I took it off I hadn't tightened up the 12v scew! :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's all fixed and happy now, delimeted fine, wired up similar to the Thor one where the whole system receives the capped KPH signal and just the speedo gets the modified MPH signal. So far that's a 50 quid saving on the Thor unit to achieve the same thing.

I've not tested the gear drop down at high speed, I suspect it will not be altered one jot as the delimeter is feeding the ECU a 110mph capped signal in order to defeat the delimeter.