The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2JZGTE vvti camshaft cap torque

Mzemzu

Re: 2JZGTE vvti 

Hi guys, does anyone know the torque setting for the two smaller bolts of the VVTi camshaft cap? 

There are four bolts that fasten this cap, two large and two much smaller, maybe alignment bolts. 

My Toyota dealership were unable to find out. Thanks... 

I've just checked the service manuals I have saved and none of them mention the disassembly of the VVTi pulley unfortunately. If you can't find anything/no-one can help probably going for a 10 or so n/m and use of some blue medium strength thread locker will hopefully suffice.

Do the bolts hold it all together? I've never disassembled one myself.

2 hours ago, m12aak said:

I've just checked the service manuals I have saved and none of them mention the disassembly of the VVTi pulley unfortunately. If you can't find anything/no-one can help probably going for a 10 or so n/m and use of some blue medium strength thread locker will hopefully suffice.

Do the bolts hold it all together? I've never disassembled one myself.

Hi, I'm only replacing the camshaft oil seals and removed the VVTi camshaft cap to make things easier. The VVTi pulley # 13050-46010 is a non serviceable part except for the oil seal for the cap bolt. When assembled it is laser aligned and must be reassembled using precision markings taken before dissasembly. You can purchase the large internal 0 ring but not from Toyota. I recently saw them listed on the Japanese yahoo auction site. 

There are some Youtube videos on the 2JZGTE vvti pulley dissasembly. 

Thanks for your reply. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mzemzu said:

Hi, I'm only replacing the camshaft oil seals and removed the VVTi camshaft cap to make things easier. The VVTi pulley # 13050-46010 is a non serviceable part except for the oil seal for the cap bolt. When assembled it is laser aligned and must be reassembled using precision markings taken before dissasembly. You can purchase the large internal 0 ring but not from Toyota. I recently saw them listed on the Japanese yahoo auction site. 

There are some Youtube videos on the 2JZGTE vvti pulley dissasembly. 

Thanks for your reply. 

Thanks for the information!