The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First Winter in the Supra-any advise/driving tips

AntD

I was quite intimidated with the car when I first started driving it in April and it literally took me a week before I started driving it with confidence.

A week!!!!!!

Took me 6 months at least to feel confident about my abilities in the Supe!!!!

I still need a few hours at the weekends now to get out of shitty Renault mode and back to Supe style.

Im just about to embark on my third winter driving the Supra...and ive found..as has been stated earlier...that..."smooth" driving is the key...offcourse :D That...and smart use of the original TRC-system.

(i use the TRC function mainly when driving faster than..say...80kmh...as an extra safety feature)

And...GOOD wintertires are an absolute must! :) And im not talking about those crappy wintertires that is sold in most of "southern europe" :D

Have had a couple of RWD-cars in the last 15 years...so i feel confident enough...but you gotta respect the hp/torque this car puts out :D