The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suzuki Hayabusa Gen-3

SupraAyf

Come on you bikers - what are your thoughts on this big beauty. 

The missus is saying that I should buy a Black Gen-3 to add to my Gen-1 (Bronze) and Gen-2 (K9 Twin silver) Busa collection.

I've told her that I don't like being forced into buying bikes but who am I to argue, lol.

I hope the pics below turn out OK (Still getting used to this new fangled format).

All the best,

Andrew

Screenshot_20210219-201809_Drive.jpg.928205a2ea0490f14dfaf16efd450db5.jpgScreenshot_20210219-201833_Drive.jpg.eca73c5ea2d44616e5cf035ccb0c09da.jpg

13 hours ago, Swampy442 said:

Yeah do it, gotta complete the set ;)

Yep, I think you've got something there good mate.

In some ways the Busa is very much like the Supra, i.e. a bit old when it comes to technology but still the best for getting the job done.

All the best,

Andrew

• 1 month later...

The whole Suzuki sales system is proper knackered as I found out last week.

It seems that Suzuki has only allocated one 'showroom bike' for the entire North East of England so each dealer will only get it for 6-days before having to move it to the next dealer - and so on.

They've said it's due to Suzuki having so few bikes produced too date.

I'll see what the order time is next week.

Never rode a Busa 

Its something I’ve always wanted to have a play with but not sure about owning one lol

i Can’t decide if I like the look of them or not 

had a few GSXR’s and I do miss my K8 thou

Currently  on a R1 at the mo

Sounds and looks incredible but I’m not bonding to it for some reason

might look at 1199 Duc’s next but I’m finding my self constantly looking at bobbers lol

test rode one and loved it lol but how long for I don’t know 

Edited by mplavery (see edit history)

On 4/18/2021 at 10:56 PM, mplavery said:

Never rode a Busa 

Its something I’ve always wanted to have a play with but not sure about owning one lol

i Can’t decide if I like the look of them or not 

If you're new to the Hayabusa brand then I would go for a Gen-2 as you'll get a fab bike for not much money.  

There's a whole load of people out there on the Busa forums who are not impressed with the credentials of the new Busa.

If you add the seat hump to the bike order then the price goes to £16,800 OTR which in all honesty is a huge chunk of money for something which won't beat a Gen-2.....

.......the new Busa is 15% less efficient on fuel while the fuel tank is 1-litre smaller than previous so the road range is reduced significantly.

It's sad to say but I don't think they'll sell many in the UK.

Right guys,

The missus and I attended our pre-booked viewing today at one of the Suzuki dealers up North.

There's now 12 demo bikes doing the rounds in the UK which means that each dealer only gets a demo Busa for about 4-5 days before having to pass it to the next dealer to share - and so on.

In total there are only 180 units being allocated to the UK from now until late September and 150 have already had deposits placed on them - so not many left, albeit the dealer said that a good number of buyers normally change their minds before delivery (buyers remorse etc).

Also, it's interesting that only 30 of the first 180 bikes will be silver.

That being said, I expected to see the Black Busa today and turned up to see this rather underwhelming sad-looking thing:

Screenshot_20210423-190423_Gallery.jpg.bbcbb15d5c4a5f6e5249f82052e3d6b7.jpg

How bloody upset was I.

I've waited for weeks to see a Black bike and yet only the silver bikes are being used for demos. No one told me that!!

I'll now have to wait until a Black pre-order arrives at one of the dealers as I'm certainly not parting with my cash based on the yucky silver-thing I saw today. The paint finish and wow factor just doesn't exist - it's almost like a plastic toy from a Kinder egg.

I'll keep you updated as things develop.

All the best,

Andrew

• Like 1