The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Coil pack connectors.

Shane

Have been having a clear out and found some brand new coil pack connectors. I have so far found a couple of full sets.  These are good quality and have decent length tails already fitted and you just need to cut back, join, solder and heatshrink. £15 for the set of 6  coil connectors, plus postage at cost, or  can be collected by arrangement, East Northants.

PM me if interested, thanks.

Have also found some MAP sensor connectors, injector connectors,  only 3 of these so far though, but will list those seperately sometime soon once have seen what I have exactly.

16081325608821299695441798999230.jpg

16081326019792185594230740693382.jpg

16081327160444884289071506710796.jpg

Edited by Shane
Typo (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...

As an aside for anyone thinking of doing this its best to just do it if it has never been done. When the clips fail bits of hard plastic just crumble down into the spark plug well and then you have the danger of bits falling into the cylinders when the spark plug comes out. You can't get down into the recess unless you pull the covers or the spark plug. So, its a pain best avoided. I've had to extract plastic clip fragments with a grease globbed screwdriver tip which isn't that easy to do.

Rather than solder in the new clips and tails its much better to just remove the wires from the new clips and then fit the clips onto your existing wiring. Its an easy job to do, all you need is a little watchmaker flathead screwdriver or similar to move the internal clip away from the wire barb. This video link is excellent and shows how to take the clips apart to then put onto your existing wires.

Edited by rider (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, still have  these for sale.

Rider's post has some valid points in that the old plugs do crumble and bits can drop, but nothing most people couldn't cope with so long as they are aware. However, most of the ones I have seen not only have damaged plugs, but the insulation on the cables themselves tends to be scorched, brittle and even cracked in the worse cases, exposing the conductors. If there's been enough heat to damage the plug, it's obvious the 25 year old cables close to the plug have also been exposed to heat.  Rider can do it his way and leave shite brittle cables in place, but personally I would recommend anyone replacing coilpack connectors to take a good look at the condition of the cables and unless near to pristine chop back past the inevitable heat damage.   Ignitor packs for these are now getting a little scarce and I wouldn't want anyone to kill theirs by pissing around with shite insulation and exposed conductors.

Edited by Shane
Typo (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I can only speak from my own one car experience where my leads into the coil connectors were wonderfully supple, pliable and silky smooth; looked factory fresh. I have to agree that if you do have frazzled, burnt, scorched and disintegrated wiring then it is best that it is replaced.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.