The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Propshafts

When using a transmission from an alternative Toyota/Lexus, the 4-different designs of transmission prop-flanges, 3-different sized bell-housings, 2-different sized donuts, 2-different prop centre-joints, 2-different transmission-mounts and several different lengths of vehicles; results with many variables :think:

Further to the "recipe" I have used for my own Supra and many N/A-T Supra's, there are other combinations of components when using alternative engines and/or in alternative cars

However, most of the owners of these alternative working combinations have little or no idea which components they actually have? :looney:

Consequently, I can't feed this information to the Prisoner Messaging baby-birds that want-want WANT it

I have listed which parts of these combinations that I know of and have requested the remainder, as & when this missing information is identified, volunteered or exposed by common denomination, I'll update it below :hi:

David P Supra 2JZA80-G(Z)E

(Stock OE components only) :thumbs:

Bellhousing J3 - Trans-mount boomerang - Box A340E-GTE Hybrid - Flange T.T. auto 4-bolt - Propshaft T.T. auto - Diff AO1B - Diff-flange large-donut.

(Alternatively, this recipe can use a T.T. diff instead of swapping the diff-flange.) :think:

Paul 887 Supra 1UZ-FE (This 1UZ-FE is from a very early model LS400 and it turns out that many things are different from later LS400's and Soarers, including the engine mounts?)

Bellhousing U1 - Trans-mount unknown - Box A341E shimmed - Flange small donut - Propshaft front-section LS400 - Propshaft rear-section cut & shortened V8 Soarer - Diff AO1A - Diff-flange small-donut.

(Waiting for pics) :search:

• 1 year later...

Note: The spacers that are behind the centre-bearing carrier are size matched to the shell of the car.

Whatever prop-swappery, use the spacers that come with the shell and not any others that might have come with a prop.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.