The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi

Just joined, and I was wanting to know does anyone no the difference between the AW30-43LS AND AW30-43LE.

I have read on wiki. the LS is higher rated but don’t know how this is accomplished.

Regards

G Smith

Hello G,

"E" denotes "Electronic" and "S" denotes "Tiptronic".

Both GE and GTE variants have A340E boxes and both have the exact same code numbers, however, the GTE "LE" box is 200ftlb stronger than the GE "LE" box and the Tiptronic "LS" box is 50ftlb stronger than the GTE "LE" box and it's all done with extra clutch plates, higher fluid pressure and magic.

Mr T. uses different code numbers in his Workshop Manuals than Aisin AW do for their transmissions and just to confuse all even more, the label stickers Mr T. used/uses on these boxes is a different set of code numbers again that not even Toyota themselves have any idea whatsoever might mean?

But if you had bothered to read the information that I have spent hundreds if not thousands of hours collating and clearly indexing in this Group exactly to answer such questions.

You would already know the answer? :shrug:

If you are capable of reading on Wikipedea then I suggest that you try it here, instead of just Gormlessly starting a new thread and stumping up a question as if you were up in open forum in the F#c£w!t$ prattle pages where nobody would know the answer anyway, because most Club members can't focus for more than a couple of miss-spelt and grammatically incorrect grunted sentences.

I can't help but wonder what "G" stands for? :think:

P.S.

I have peeped at your recent posting up there and inform you;

J spec Supra has A340E and U.K. spec Supra has A343E.

It's the same box with a different number, just because Mr T. is dyslexic?

"G"uess what, especially for those who can read, that information is recorded for posterity down here too.

snuf,

Thank you for taking my straight talking on the chin. ;)

What needs to be understood is that things function down here minus the now norm of telephone grunted prattle that is used in open forum.

There simply is not room for endless pages of gormless sh!t, which would result with the referenced information in the Group becoming impossible to navigate.

If after a hunt around down here, should you ever find that you can't find the information that you seek, bother me with an explanatory Prisoner Message and I will do my best to answer it, then add this information to the group as reference for the benefit of all.

Which is how this very useful collection of transmission information has come into being.

:hi: Cheers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.