The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A340E GTE/GE Hybrid *****

"Will this thing fit in there?" :slap:

"Which way would you like your cat skinning?" . . . . . . . . . :sly:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?330945-Aristo-2JZGTE-AUTO-GEARBOX-TORQUE-CONVERTER-AND-FLYWHEEL-JZS161&p=4116746#post4116746

A Hybrid can be built using for a base platform, either a Supra T.T. or an Aristo 4-speed auto transmission, a Tiptronic could be used, but :think: why would you want to? :looney:

The valve-body and a few other bits come from a donor :amen: Supra N/A, or GS300 transmission, it's the most efficient version of the series and beefing-up a box is what it's all about. :shrug:

A Soarer v.b. could be used, but :think: why would you not want the best option? :looney:

A Hybrid will mate up to 2JZA80-GE & GTE, 1JZA80-GE & GTE & 1UZ-FE inc VVT-i variants, and 7M series engines using a mix & match of all OE components. :)

A Hybrid will fit into a Supra, Soarer, Aristo or Lexus, using all OE components. :)

A Hybrid is plug & play compatible with ECU; Supra Mk3 GTE & GE, Supra Mk4 GE, Soarer 1J-GTE, 2J-GE & V8, GS300 & 400. :)

A Hybrid also functions with Suprastick ECU, providing 2 x sets of fully programmable gear-change tables & manualised flappy-paddle changes. :)

A Hybrid could also function with Supra T.T. or Aristo ECU, by fitting line-feed pressure control-cable & resistors to redundant line-feed solenoid-wires. :think:

It has taken a while to :think: work out which OE what, it takes to mate to which alternative OE other, in that OE space & the different computations are numerous. :smartass:

I refer to them as "Recipe's", :shrug: and much depends on car/engine combo & what OE components are available at the time, no two installations are quite the same, similar yes, same no. :blink:

Before embarking on any shopping. :lame:

:telephone: Contact Me and I'll provide you with an Ingredient List for your Bespoke 600ftlb Recipe.

• 3 weeks later...

In the pages of this Group, I have done my damnedest with pretty pictures, videos and lots of writing in old-money, explaining how this upgrade works, :looney: yet at the dumbest level......

Automatic transmissions are like Tesco's. :confused:

"Every little helps." :shrug:

In a attachment.php?attachmentid=168513&d=1367250062 nutshell!

I take the weakest links out of the chain and replace them with a mix & match of strongest compatible OE

components and build a beefed-up transmission that's plug & play with earlier generation electronics. :blink:

Or if you prefer? attachment.php?attachmentid=209841&d=1457258044 It's all done with Magic! http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/magic2.gif

How-To Get a Hybrid: :read: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/group.php?discussionid=90&do=discuss

Formula Hybrid

Strongest box; TT, Aristo & Tiptronic.

Strongest torque-converter; TT, Aristo & Tip. (Thickest bolts 12MT x 1?)

Strongest bolts - t.c. & crank; TT, Aristo & Tip. (no. 11's)

Flex-plate; TT, Aristo, Tip or GS430. (Bigger bolt holes - V8 t.c. & f.p. parts are a lottery)

Most efficient compatible valve-body; Supra N/A or GS300.

Bell-housing from; engine type used.

Transmission cross-member; TT, Aristo, Lexus 5-speed, 2J VVT-i's, LS400, Soarer V8 or GS430.

Sump, dipstick & tube, for 1 & 2J; TT, Aristo or Tip. (Larger than GE S6 fluid capacity - largest is GS430 5-speed + re-cal dipstick)

Sump, dipstick & tube, for 1UZ; GS430. (Largest V8 fluid capacity + re-cal dipstick)

Prop-shaft front section; car box taken from.

Prop-shaft tail-section; car box going into.

Line-feed cable from; car going into, or bespoke.

There are a few internal bits and pieces to swap & tinker with that I have not divulged, to prevent tears. :cry:

• 4 months later...

Fluid Lines

Fitting a Hybrid into Supra 2JZA80-GE, the plumbing requires a position adjustment to accommodate the 18mm deeper bell-housing.

Fitting a Hybrid into any 1UZ-FE build, a bottom/front Supra pipe is required.

Temperature Sensor

The transmission has a temperature sensor that can multi-task and drive a temperature gauge to monitor fluid temp.

Sump & Dipstick

The bigger the sump, the bigger the fluid capacity and the bigger the better. A340E GE sump smallest, A340E GTE sump + 1 litre, A650E 5-speed sump largest.

Hybrid with T.T. sump, all 2J installations use T.T. dipstick & tube.

Hybrid with 5-speed sump may require re-calibration of dipstick to read correctly?

Torque-Converters

Either GTE or 1UZ torque-converter can be used with a Hybrid.

GTE = 2,800 stall.

1UZ = 2,400 stall.

Oil Coolers

It is essential to use an additional oil cooler(s).

ATF

The good stuff is costly, but please don't skimp at this last hurdle, Toyota Type IV & a bottle of Lucas SS is my recommendation.

Feedback Here

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.