The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The next step (more power)

Guest Dazzi

After a successful conversion in January running 7.5psi I am starting to shop for parts to increase the power. I currently have a Whifbitz manifold, and Turbosmart Hypergate 45 wastegate which will be staying but I would like to ditch the .70 turbo and go for a Borg Warner S360. Other parts on my list are Siemans Deka 650cc injectors, tt head gasket and arp head studs.

Couple of questions really. I'm looking to get around 500HP (don't worry I'm running a hybrid auto). I know every car is different but what kind of boost am I looking at to achieve this?

The Turbosmart waste works by adding multiple springs to increase the boost so not sure if I should do this or get an electronic boost controller. Last question I think is head gaskets. I've seen so many different mm head gaskets ranging from 1.3mm to 2.5mm. Which is best to go for. I understand the thicker the gasket the more power you can push but as mentioned I'm only after 500HP to keep things simple and not to make the car a pig to drive.

Thanks in advance :)

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.