The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lets talk turbos

steve spedd

I've done NA-T's on the cheap before i.e ebay turbos, xs power manifolds etc. Don't get me wrong I have never had any problems but I think the time has come to go big and buy branded stuff. I've already picked out the Whifbitz log style turbo manifold for my build but its the turbo to go for... I'm quite interested in the Borg Warner S360 Whifbitz are selling with the NA-T kit but it looks a bit big for what I'm after (350-400HP). At almost £900 it isn't really calling my name. I've seen some Precision, Greddy and Garrett turbos for a lot less.

For my set-up, basically a standard engine and injectors and a log style manifold what turbo/model would you recommend? I've previously had an XS Power T61 which came on boost about 3500rpm, I'd like the same or even come on boost sooner if possible.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got one of these too. Quite a few people seem to be running these without any problems so I will be sticking with it :) I have smoothed all the letters/numbers off and the block where the turbo model number was. Im now in the process of mirror polishing it :D

I've done the same, started with the XS power lot and ran at .5 bar for a couple of years. Not major issues I just want more power so stuck an R154 in, 3" piping and a FFIM with a BW turbo (plus other stuff, 630cc injectors etc.). Not yet up and running or mapped but should see some nice figures...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.