The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-TT Supras

Mario

• 2 months later...

Same here Dazzi, but I'm worrying about the w58 5-speed box. I've read so many different things. People saying that it will hold BPU power fine, others saying it will eventually break down and others saying that it did break down (Leibstef's w58 box on his na-t). The thing is, if I do the NA-TT swap, I WILL go BPU. What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

i'm having a TT dropped into mine as we speak never thought to ask that quuestion i always assumed it was the clutch that can't handle the power and had to be replace with a RPS one

i will ask Jezz when i collect my car for ya

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sure the cooling plate will fit fine mate. The exhaust I bought when I was still N/A is the same I'm using now, and I wasn't told of any modification needed when they did the conversion.

But to put your mind at rest I would probably look for a TT exhaust :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's inevitable:D Gauges are ordered and the Front mount is bound to be ordered by Thursday. I just hope we get it done for Japfest. It gives us 2 weeks but we (myself and brother=in-law) both work full time and have to strip 2 cars.

We did the NA-NA conversion in 3 nights after work when I blew my 1st engine. And that was a nightmare because being auto we couldn't turn the crank, partially impeaded by the conrod which had gone through the side of the block and fused itself to it:blink:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.