The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Identifying wires

Lewmc93

So... a dead battery ended up in me planning a boot relocation, and subsequently finding tons of wires that either connect to nothing, or I have no idea after searching what they are/do so any help identifying these would be grand

1. Rear left trunk space 12 pin connector passenger side - connects to nothing.

2 . 1 single green wire connect to trunk light in lower left and appears to go into dash. Maybe part of laser line alarm but seems strange to go to trunk light.

3 . dual thin black wire cut off by rear suspension fixings .goes down rear seat and into centre console

Will add pics when site wants to stop being a pain and failing uploads

#3 could be for a rear foglight if it's a jspec. I can't see #1 on my wiring diagrams so could be non-oem for an alarm or something? If all else fails you could always try and trace them back through the loom to see what they attach to on the other side.

#3 could be for a rear foglight if it's a jspec. I can't see #1 on my wiring diagrams so could be non-oem for an alarm or something? If all else fails you could always try and trace them back through the loom to see what they attach to on the other side.

Good point, maybe number 2 and 3 are for the same thing, and they took the feed from the boot light to a switch in the console then from there to the rear of the car for a fog light under the rear of the bumper.

Point 1, could this be the factory stereo wiring? I’m sure there was an option of having something in the boot, sure it was a CD stack.

Are you going to put some tires in your trunk? ;)

Could be for the CD player as stated above, bit of a big plug to be sitting unused.

Think you where right , it went to passenger foot-well - boot area , both ends not connected to anything. So removed and stored away

The black wires end up up being cut off into the rear pillars and had these 4 jacks tucked int the underside of the centre console storage. Safe to say removed and binned