The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Reg comps

Dnk

I've found a reg i want buy but its never been issued.

Two reg companies have told me they can buy it on my behalf, one of the companies

told me i cannot buy it as a private individual which i thought was bollocks.

One wants £300 + vat the other £250 + vat

I thought i'd contact the DVLA and ask the question, i just got this reply

Dear Mr Shaw,

Thank you for your enquiry received on 5/2/2020.

Your case reference number is 02191013.

We appreciate that you have taken the time to contact us in relation to this matter.

I have checked the status of your desired registration and I am pleased to confirm that registration 'xxxxxx' has not yet been issued or sold. This means that it may become available for sale in a future DVLA auction.

Please be aware that this registration will only be available through an auction and will not be available for direct purchase.

If you would like to proceed with this registration through a DVLA auction, please respond and I can arrange for it to be included in a future sale for you (subject to further checks). We will endeavour to get this plate to auction within 3-6 months.

Very happy with that :)

Even better

Dear Mr Shaw,

Thank you for your reply confirming you wish to proceed with the registration ''xxxxxx".

I have noted your interest in the above registration. Once your registration has been selected for auction our auctioneer BCA will be in touch with more specific information, including details of how you can register and submit a bid. There is considerable demand for personalised registrations which means that I can’t provide an exact timescale, however we will try to get the registration included within 3-6 months.

Please be assured that you will receive notification in advance of the auction.

That's great news, keep a keen eye and a wad of cash ready ;)

I shall try to buy it using the live phone system, you have a representative at the auction who calls you as the

lot is coming up, unless its being held somewhere not too far way in which case i'll go and bid myself, no cash

straight onto the CC

I wish you the best of luck with DVLA Dunk.

I saw a reg which I wanted to buy and after speaking with DVLA they confirmed that it was an unissued #.

This was back in Aug-2017 and they still haven't issued the bloody thing via any of the DVLA auctions.

All I'll say Dunk is don't hold your breath good mate.

All the best,

Andrew

I wish you the best of luck with DVLA Dunk.

I saw a reg which I wanted to buy and after speaking with DVLA they confirmed that it was an unissued #.

This was back in Aug-2017 and they still haven't issued the bloody thing via any of the DVLA auctions.

All I'll say Dunk is don't hold your breath good mate.

All the best,

Andrew

Thanks for the heads up Andrew, if they don't list it in 6 months i'll pop them another message, i'm not that

bothered if i don't get it to be honest and might just pop another RRC reg on it which there are lots to choose from

What were you trying to get ?

Thanks for the heads up Andrew, if they don't list it in 6 months i'll pop them another message, i'm not that

bothered if i don't get it to be honest and might just pop another RRC reg on it which there are lots to choose from

What were you trying to get ?

Hi Dunk,

I would give them a bell every couple of months to be certain as DVLA is not exactly known to be the most efficient of Govt services.

At the time I was trying to get the reg for our new motorhome - which we sold a year later.

Fancy that eh, the motorhome went in 2018 and I'll likely get the plate in 2027, lol.

Good luck Dunk,

Andrew

I went through the exact same. The 2 companies are basically fishing for custom. Unless the DVLA issues it then they are as stuck as you (so I believe)

I wanted a reg plate and contacted DVLA to see if it was issued and got the exact same emails back as you. So I waited for them to put the reg plate up, and it only took 4-5 months for that to happen, they emailed saying what auction it was in and when and how to bid. So now I have my personalised plate thanks to me enquiring like you have done above and the DVLA auction.

The auction was live was 7 days and no one else bid on it, so got it for £279 all in.

I went through the exact same. The 2 companies are basically fishing for custom. Unless the DVLA issues it then they are as stuck as you (so I believe)

I wanted a reg plate and contacted DVLA to see if it was issued and got the exact same emails back as you. So I waited for them to put the reg plate up, and it only took 4-5 months for that to happen, they emailed saying what auction it was in and when and how to bid. So now I have my personalised plate thanks to me enquiring like you have done above and the DVLA auction.

The auction was live was 7 days and no one else bid on it, so got it for £279 all in.

A great result, hopefully mine will be the same and for the same price :)

Piss poor from the reg comps though, especially the one which said i couldn't buy it and would have

to go through them or similar, if i get the plate i'll send them a remember me message :)

• 1 month later...

What was the outcome of this? I only ask as I registered interest with DVLA for another private plate for my wife, I think it might have been end of last year, or in Jan this year (not really sure).

Got the email last night that the plate is in their auction starting 16th March. I am thinking that I won't get it as it does spell a name.

What was the outcome of this? I only ask as I registered interest with DVLA for another private plate for my wife, I think it might have been end of last year, or in Jan this year (not really sure).

Got the email last night that the plate is in their auction starting 16th March. I am thinking that I won't get it as it does spell a name.

Good luck getting your plate, set your top limit and bid away :)

Thats what i did on the plates i've previously bought at their auctions, easy to get carried away though :innocent:

The plate i enquired about hasn't been released yet

Found a few others i fancied in this next sale

A46 HSE look good on a P38 Range Rover :)

Good luck getting your plate, set your top limit and bid away :)

I think I am am going to need more than luck, as it is a very popular name. However, what I may have on my side is no one (I think) has enquired about it.

As for limit, I might set that at £2k and hope for the best. It's Head Office's 40th so trying to do something different rather than the usual stuff.

I think I am am going to need more than luck, as it is a very popular name. However, what I may have on my side is no one (I think) has enquired about it.

As for limit, I might set that at £2k and hope for the best. It's Head Office's 40th so trying to do something different rather than the usual stuff.

I have two i'm interested in and think i'll go to £1kish or a tad more on one of them

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I have two im interested in and think i'll go to £1k on each of them, they're both in the first group of lots so i should know by around 11:15 ish

Is it with the DVLA auction? As that starts tomorrow at 10am and it is open for 10 days before you find out if lucky. If it is with DVLA, never knew they done a timed one.

Is it with the DVLA auction? As that starts tomorrow at 10am and it is open for 10 days before you find out if lucky. If it is with DVLA, never knew they done a timed one.

Yes sorry its 10 days this one, the last DVLA one i did was live on the phone

One reg i was looking at has been bid on twice already so not looking good for that to come at sensible ££'s

The plate I wanted is already at £2153 after all the fees added on. I got outbid and stupidly re bid. So going to wait till end of auction to bid again, but if it goes up much more then I am out.

The plate I wanted is already at £2153 after all the fees added on. I got outbid and stupidly re bid. So going to wait till end of auction to bid again, but if it goes up much more then I am out.

I shan't be bidding till the end but doubt i'll be bothering, i've got one ADS plate so will save my funds

to buy the plate they've said they will release in the future

So DVLA are even more of a bunch of money grabbing barstewards, rather than sticking to the essence of an auction where the highest bidder wins when time runs out.

If anyone places a bid in the last 30 mins, another 30 mins is added to auction time. It will only end when no one places a bid in last 30 mins. They say it is to give anyone interested the opportunity to counter bid, but I think it is actually known as 'lets leach as much out of the public as humanely possible'.

Stinks like those companies that do the auctions where you can bid in 50p increments.

Yes its called sliding end times and agree its not great but makes it more like a real

live auction.

One plate i was interested in has only had the reserve bid on it so i can see

that going down this route at the end

I'm not 100% sure on this but perhaps you can only bid in the sliding end time if you have already

bid up to the normal end time ?

The “Sliding End Time” is a mechanism to prevent auction sniping, or the practise of rival bidders outbidding each other with just seconds to go before the deadline. Every Lot has a published “End Time” clearly visible on the website at all times. This is the deadline by which all bids must be received. For Lots on which any bidding activity takes place in the last 30 minutes before the End Time, the End Time will slide by 30 minutes to allow bidders the chance to bid again, thereby allowing bidding to reach its natural conclusion.