The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finding a UK spec supra

Guest Supra Doopa

Guest Supra Doopa

3ltr TT UK Version

Elephant £1250 TPFT or £1560 fully comp is the cheapest.

Or

Smart People Budget £1765 TPFT or £2090 fully comp

20 y.o

Named driver on my father policy

9year+ no claims

Garaged

claim last year for theft from my car due to extensive damage to the car

We both have 3 points for speeding. Dad SP30, Me SP50

Smart People Budget will cover me on an import 3ltr but want almost 3 grand and im not gonna pay that much.

to be honest mate, i wouldn't pay any of those figures but i guess i'm lucky living in the middle of nowhere!!

thought about going for something a little cheaper in the meantime then upgrading later?

200SXs are good cars and much cheaper than Supes?

Guest Supra Doopa

I want a supra, i'd rather keep waiting and get one than buy something im not gonna be happy with.

Im just gonna have to keep saving. Its gonna cost me more than i thought as now im gonna have to save a few thousand more to afford a uk version. I dont wanna go down the loan route as i'll be paying plenty for insurance alone :cry:

Guest Supra Doopa
that's fair enough, mate...

good luck with the search and the saving and get some pics up when you do eventually get your hands on one!!

I might be 21 by the time i have enough so more money off the insurance :woot:

3ltr TT UK Version

Elephant £1250 TPFT or £1560 fully comp is the cheapest.

Or

Smart People Budget £1765 TPFT or £2090 fully comp

20 y.o

Named driver on my father policy

9year+ no claims

Garaged

claim last year for theft from my car due to extensive damage to the car

We both have 3 points for speeding. Dad SP30, Me SP50

Smart People Budget will cover me on an import 3ltr but want almost 3 grand and im not gonna pay that much.

try putting the policy in ur name, put a female as a 2nd named driver, i got quoted 1080 21yr old, 1 yrs no claims, with a sp30 Fully comp! but with off road parking

Guest Supra Doopa
Ummmm, you started driving when you were 11 years old?! Just because your dad hasn't claimed on his insurance in 9 years doesn't mean you also get the no-claims discount too!

My father doesnt have a car anymore as he works away in the week which means he has the policy and includes his no claims. Then adds me as a named driver :respekt:

give sky a call doopa!

Theyre good with 'special cases'

the difference between best quote (from Sky) and worst quote (nameless) was over 3 grand!!!

It might be worth saving a bit more for a UK TT though especially if insurance is a major factor, because if you get an import NA youre always gonna regret not getting a TT...

Guest chiefvinso
yeah, UK Spec sucks :scare:

Better buy a poverty-spec and start 'upgrading' bit by bit later on. :looney: Excellent idea! :idea:

Ahh, my first bite of the day :D

Why is your heart set on a lardy uk spec??? :D

J specs offer much more variety

oh no dont turn this into another Uk/Jspec thread, :cry:

he's after a UK coz he's young and insurance is a major factor, i'm all for the jap spec, (i own one), but when it comes to insurance costs the UK comes out a winner every time!!!

UKSpec is lardy and slow. Avoid it like the plague.

Heavy injectors, heavy fuel pump, heavy brakes, heavy coolers, heavy headlights, heavy turbos, heavy this, heavy that....

No wonder they're so sluggish. :whip:

Only OAPs and teenagers need apply :whistle:

Guest chiefvinso
oh no dont turn this into another Uk/Jspec thread, :cry:

he's after a UK coz he's young and insurance is a major factor, i'm all for the jap spec, (i own one), but when it comes to insurance costs the UK comes out a winner every time!!!

I'm not, just thought I would add a little spice to my question to see if any UK spec owners would rise to the bait. Surprised that JohnA did, then again I'm not surprised after reading some of his threads, eh John ;) May have to go somewhere to get re-educated on what is a sense of humour. :rlol:

... Surprised that JohnA did, then again I'm not surprised after reading some of his threads, eh John ;)

I admit to missing the UK/JSpec debate, it was fun while it lasted. The Dude was a good opponent, held up for JSpecs pretty well...

.. May have to go somewhere to get re-educated on what is a sense of humour. :rlol:

...I'm applying to educational courses as we speak...

Guest chiefvinso

I never said it was - just for the record. Didnt realise that a UK spec was cheaper on the old insurance though which was the reasoning for me to ask why a UK spec.

Anyhow my car is the best!!