The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whifbitz front mount intercooler instructions/advice

jacob360

Been looking for a how too on this but can’t see one or any instructions anywhere- maybe I’m looking in the wrong places but if there isn’t one I will happily make one.

So currently the car is stripped down to this level

But I’m struggling to work out how the actual cooler mounts up on the top, I’m guessing you use this hole but how does the cooler mount to that

Has this just been bent in transit or should it look like this?

These are the brackets I have been sent with the kit (2 not pictured for the bottom of the cooler mounting) I don’t really get where they mount too

Any help greatly appreciated!

That top bracket is totally bent! It should point straight upward - the bracket is an "L" shape normally.

You mount it using an M8 (or maybe M10 - it's the biggest bolt in the pack) bolt inserted from the front of the car into the lower hole in your picture. Then put the thick spacer on the bolt, then the intercooler bracket, then a nut. I think there was two washers also included, one for under the bolt head and one for under the nut.

It's a bit tricky to support the intercooler while installing the bolt; it goes a lot easier if you start with the lower two brackets which bolt to the subframe.

That top bracket is totally bent! It should point straight upward - the bracket is an "L" shape normally.

You mount it using an M8 (or maybe M10 - it's the biggest bolt in the pack) bolt inserted from the front of the car into the lower hole in your picture. Then put the thick spacer on the bolt, then the intercooler bracket, then a nut. I think there was two washers also included, one for under the bolt head and one for under the nut.

It's a bit tricky to support the intercooler while installing the bolt; it goes a lot easier if you start with the lower two brackets which bolt to the subframe.

Great thanks for that! I was unsure if it was bent or not as it was well packaged, possibly was bent before packaging, I will get that mounted now at least!

I'd send that back to Whufbitz, to get that bent its not just been tapped. That strength of hit could have cracked or weakened the weld. They aren't cheap so they should be right. When right the Whifbitz SMICs are a good straight bolt on fit so I'd expect the FMIC to be the same..

I'd send that back to Whufbitz, to get that bent its not just been tapped. That strength of hit could have cracked or weakened the weld. They aren't cheap so they should be right. When right the Whifbitz SMICs are a good straight bolt on fit so I'd expect the FMIC to be the same..

I will send them a message!

Will you be selling all the original smic kit?

Pro

The original kit is very worn and showing it’s age hence changing, I’m sort of planning on keeping all the stock parts so one day I can go back if I want toimage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...