The mkiv Supra Owners Club

L Reg Fiesta 1.3 Ghia - failed MOT

Mike

My other half has a Fiesta (1.3 Ghia) which has just failed it's MOT.

It failed on;

Two cracks in the exhaust (which I'm told can be patched)

Split in one of the brake hoses

Needs a new steering column

The work including parts, labour and VAT came to £300 - this is mainly because the labour to fit the steering column is around 3 hours, which account for a big chunk of the £300...

It's got four nearly new tyres (bought in the last six months) and has done around 55k, new brakes, and had a new steering rack fitted last year... and alloy wheels.. and taxed till the end of next month..

She's decided not to go ahead with the work, as you can imagine the car is only worth the price of the repairs...

Currently it's sat outside the garage (in Portsmouth) waiting for it's future to be decided!

If anyone is remotely interested, PM me - I'm completely open to offers...

:thanks:

It's 5 door and white.. and I'm not sure what the extras are compared to the standard model.. I think the seats are nicer and it's got electric windows and a sunroof..

Just a couple of problems with it - the standard stereo no longer works since we had a new battery and alternator fitted a couple of months ago (the garage disconnected the battery and the previous owner forgot to give us the unlocking code!) - but I think this can be sorted for about £15 at a Ford dealer... and the driver side electric window works 'intermittently'.. which again just needs the door stripping down and some WD spraying...

It's been a bit of a nightmare as she had the car broken into last week so I'd just paid the £50 excess to get the window fixed, then the MOT, then it failed! so not a good week...! I'm literally looking for about £100 for it..

:violin:

I live in Gosport (Hampshire), but it's parked outside a garage in Portsmouth where the test was done (hope that doesn't sound too "email the money to Nigeria" or anything?!) - the bloke in the garage was so keen that he knew someone that would buy it off me (second-hand garage next door, yes I smell a scam too) he convinced me to leave it there - but to be honest I don't know him and I don't really want to wait for him to come back to me, as it's sat outside some random persons house..!

£300 for a years worth of MOT? To be fair I'd get a second opinion if you dont trust the guy or find someone to change that column cheaper and keep the car. That is unless you want to upgrade to a newer better car. Even at £300 its gotta be worth that for a years ticket (especially if the ticket is included in that cost). I'd love to actually own a car that only cost me £300 a year lol.

I know... cheers for your comments but I think she's set on a new car now... I was hoping for a Celica but it's looking more like 206.. women! (no offence like)

;)

Hey, I need rid and am open to offers...

someone make me an offer and take it off my hands...

:shrug:

Guest slow dog

i got a little festa there cool 20 pound a week on fuel park it were ever you want and they hardly ever break good fun..................

erm, that'll be the scratches on the lens of my camera...(see the above post?) check out the other pictures... either that or the windscreen is cracked, two identical sratches down the side of the car, two more cracks on the roof...?!

Thanks for your input anyway... nice....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.