The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front Sub frame carrier tourqe setting

Twin turbo

Hi i had my supra in for control because of clunking noise.mecanic went over all those bolts holding sub frames.followed tourqe setting from repair manual but all those rear bolts bolts on the front suspension that show 53nm was tighted at least 175nm from before.the bolts seem so big and 53 NM seems so little for holding the subframe,can this be the correct setting.repair manual is for the us model and i have a jdm car,also Numbers of bolts does not seem to add up because there is one more in the manual when counting.

22ACE1F3-4C2B-44AE-AB0F-0F5C1F7B0AD0.jpeg

BCCC7E39-D87E-4FD9-9037-5EDD83C5C40B.jpeg

Edited by Twin turbo (see edit history)

looks like a hexagon flange bolt 11 to me from picture i added,do you think thats correct

I think the two lines aren't an '11' as such, but are lines that are present on a range of bolt sizes, which you can then look up the correct torque.

So the two lines or '11' mean it's a 6T class, then you can look up the torque for the specific thread size (I'm assuming the subframe ones are 10mm because that fits in with the torque you posted up)

Does that make sense?

I think the two lines aren't an '11' as such, but are lines that are present on a range of bolt sizes, which you can then look up the correct torque.

So the two lines or '11' mean it's a 6T class, then you can look up the torque for the specific thread size (I'm assuming the subframe ones are 10mm because that fits in with the torque you posted up)

Does that make sense?

Yes i agree with you but saw this link on ma 8http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/content.php?71-Maintenance

Edited by Twin turbo (see edit history)

Sorry I see now! That is a massive difference between your original post (US manual) and the post above......given they are exactly the same parts of a manual!?

I would be inclined to go with the bolt markings, if it's just 'tight' and you annually check them then you should be good ie it's rigid to the chassis? Over torqueing could result in a shear/snap at some point?