The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crank NO start!! Na-T Build

nowak

Right... the car started! Shane you are a star i owe u a pint!, thanks everyone else for the input, it was the earth under the manifold that wasnt connected still have one more i need to find a place to secure it but for now i had it wired stright to the - battery terminal, will try and get some pictures posted tomorrow for anyones referance

Really pleased you sorted it and glad to help. Well done.

Thanks again mate, this car is so tempremental now it started randomly engaging the starter motor if the key is turned on, even if the car is running itll engage itself. If the ignition is left on the car will start itself, think theres a fault in the wiring somwhere.

Shane i was going through old post and i came across one of your ones saying that u were running det3 piggyback? How did you find it? I cant get mine one to work.

Thanks again mate, this car is so tempremental now it started randomly engaging the starter motor if the key is turned on, even if the car is running itll engage itself. If the ignition is left on the car will start itself, think theres a fault in the wiring somwhere.

Shane i was going through old post and i came across one of your ones saying that u were running det3 piggyback? How did you find it? I cant get mine one to work.

Mine works great to be honest, and so many features for the price. What is your one doing or not doing? I have just talked my son into buying one too for his V8 supra build, we are going to use his initially for MAF to MAP conversion and then possibly later for other stuff too.

I would be trying to sort that starter issue out asap mate. First thing, eliminate the wiring by unplugging the starter control cables (not the heavy one) and seeing if the issue stops. If it continues then its the starter if doesnt then its something to do with the wiring, ignitions switch or starter relay I would think. Has it has a poor alarm imobiliser install at some point possibly? Was recently working on a car that had terrible wiring around the ignition switch and would have been a disaster if it had been left as it was.

I went in the garage this morning to check the relay, i took it out checked for continuity inbetween the terminals and pugged it into 12v to hear it clicking. then i plugged it back in turned ignition and left it on and it didnt do it, will have a look at the wiring later on today.

The det3 its just playing up one min itll start fine and run and the next it will run rough and struggle to start, tbh with all the electrical problems i have had recantly i think it could be a bad earth, i've not had it plugged in for ages cos all the other problems i had so al need to check the wiring first, how did you go about the boost cut? Did you clamp the voltage?