The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1996 Supra TT6, 440bhp on stock j-spec, 80,000 miles

cheekymonkey

Officially the fastest manual car on stock turbos on the forum (See the Drag Racing Hall of Fame :)): http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?166336-Supra-Drag-Racing-Times&p=2147216&viewfull=1#post2147216

After 13 years of ownership I feel it’s time for my beloved Supra to move on to a new owner. I cannot justify the insurance any more for the amount of use it gets.

I know that this has been on and off for sale over the past year, but this time it’s for real..!

This is a lovely understated example - you’re not getting a blingy single conversion with loads of gauges all over the place! The car drives beautifully - it’s planted thanks to the suspension rebuild CW did when I first got the car, and now the engine is spot-on thanks to a bottom end rebuild performed by Whifbitz.

Car is located in Swindon, Wiltshire, and inspections are welcome, no test drives without insurance, I’m happy to take you for a drive though.

The headlines are:

1996 Facelift, TT, 6 speed manual, Gunmetal Grey, non-VVTI

Stock twins mapped to 440 bhp by Ryan G at Surrey Rolling Road

Apexi PowerFC

Racelogic TC with Digital Adjuster / Launch Control

AVS Model 5 wheels

Hurst Line Lock Kit

Water Injection

Mint Momo steering wheel with VERY HIGH QUALITY Works Bell quick-release system

Pictures at http://imgur.com/a/YgkvA

Mileage: 80,000 miles

MOT: March 2019

Price - £23,000

Full spec list below.

When I obtained the car from a forum member in 2007 the only modifications were to the body plus a boost controller. All of the other mods were done during my ownership using well known vendors - Chris Wilson, RyanG and Paul Whiffin.

The bad points:

Very few issues considering this a 20 year old car, but there a couple of points to note:

1. The engine warning light blinks on momentarily when you let your foot off the throttle after acceleration. This is really not a big deal, and is caused by the boost sensor reading too low a value on throttle-off. Ryan G explained this to me after our last mapping session and I trust him completely!

The fix would be to fit a 3.0 bar boost sensor (which I will supply with the car) but this would mean another re-map - which I have not done because there would be no benefit until something else changes on the car (FMIC perhaps?).

2. I scratched the bumper getting my bike out of the garage.

3. Passenger side sill has had a scrape/crack and needs to be fixed by a bodyshop, and honestly the rest of the bodykit could do with a touch up at the same time.

4. Incomplete trim in the boot. Stripped this out years ago. Some of the bits I still have, what I have you can have but it might need to be modified to fit around the water injection pump and tank. I have original carpet and didn’t want to cut it.

Full Spec:

Engine:

▪ Stock Internals

▪ Bottom end overhauled by Whifbitz 2000 miles ago

▪ Valve Stem Seals done by Whifbitz 2000 miles ago

Fuel, Tuning & ECU:

▪ Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

▪ APEXi PowerFC ECU with Commander

▪ Mapped by Ryan G (2bar tuning)

▪ Power Enterprise 650cc Injectors

▪ Trac ECU Removed

▪ Racelogic Traction Control w/Digital Adjuster

▪ DM-100 with AFR, EGT and Oil Temp

Turbocharger & Induction:

▪ J-Spec Turbos in True Twin Mode (fully mapped)

▪ Blitz Dual-SBC Spec R Boost Controller

▪ HKS SSQV with Purple Fin Insert

▪ Aquamist Water Injection (50% ethanol)

Exhaust:

▪ Tanabe Touring Medalion

▪ CW 1st de-cat

▪ 2nd de-cat

Drivetrain:

▪ Stock 6 Speed Manual

▪ Limited Slip Diff

▪ RPS Street Max Clutch (good for approx. 600bhp)

Suspension, Wheels, Tires & Brakes:

▪ UK brakes front and rear with CW fast road pads

▪ Brand new front calipers and pads fitted 1000 miles ago

▪ Full suspension rebuild by CW and Geo setup

▪ Yellow Bilsteins and CW springs

▪ AVS Model 5 Rims

▪ Vredestien Sessanta all round. Loads of tread!

▪ Hurst Line Lock Kit

Interior & ICE:

▪ Pioneer Head Unit - Bluetooth and iPod

Exterior:

▪ Top Secret Type 3 Front Bumper

▪ Veilside Skirts

▪ Top Secret Spats

▪ HID Headlights @4300k

Performance:

▪ Best Quarter Mile Time @Pod - 12.1930

▪ Max power - 440 bhp @ flywheel

▪ Max torque - 450 lb/ft @ 4750 rpm

Pictures at http://imgur.com/a/YgkvA

"you’re not getting a blingy single conversion with loads of gauges all over the place!"

Some people like that kind of bling :)

There is a mileage discrepancy with the ad to the online MOT records which have the car at 104k miles. GLWS this time around, can't be an easy call after 13 years together.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.