The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all, New guy here :)

GazzaGSi

Welcome mate. If you are getting a J-Spec TT6 you could complete the perfect equation by getting it in black, a bit like this one:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=48335

:blush:

But if you are looking for one than i`d seriously be looking through the cars available on here as many people will have probably seen them at one time or another and be able to give you some input as to whether they`re a goodun or not. I`m a Sinfin lad originally, whereabouts are you in Derby?

:welcome:

so will you be selling the Astra ?

Yes the astra is up for sale, sad to see it go but will make way for a lovely supra.

2 very nice supras up for sale there, however i do have a budget and 13500 is 4500 too much ;) Very nice though, wouldnt of thought you would have trouble selling that at the asking price.

That black one is gorgeous and as soon as the astra is gone, you Will have a PM/call.

Good luck with the search - some people swear by auto, some by manual - I would suggest drive both and make your own mind up. I was always a manual man but when I bought my first Supe I went for an auto. I've now got a UK TT and stayed with the auto. Its a great gearbox for the car and well suited. Its a personal thing. Mileage is not an issue as long as there's a comprehensive service history with it. And UK vs JDM is not an issue - both are superb cars and you will not be disappointed with any combination of UK, JDM, auto or manual - just save some money for the petrol!! Mine drinks it like George Best in a desert!

Oh, and welcome!

Good luck with the search - some people swear by auto, some by manual - I would suggest drive both and make your own mind up. I was always a manual man but when I bought my first Supe I went for an auto. I've now got a UK TT and stayed with the auto. Its a great gearbox for the car and well suited. Its a personal thing. Mileage is not an issue as long as there's a comprehensive service history with it. And UK vs JDM is not an issue - both are superb cars and you will not be disappointed with any combination of UK, JDM, auto or manual - just save some money for the petrol!! Mine drinks it like George Best in a desert!

Oh, and welcome!

Thanks! Thats one question what ive been meaning to ask, roughly what MPG do you guys get with supra TTs? Obviously a finely tuned one will be less than a standard one but Im just curious to know approx how much this is.

Cheers for the welcome :)

Gaz

Welcome Gazza to the club

With the pics of the Astra I know who you are, you work with a mate of mine, Ash, and I have spoken to you at MFN. Good luck with finding a car and if you want a second appinion and want me to go and look at some with you get my number from Ash and give me a call.

Welcome Gazza to the club

With the pics of the Astra I know who you are, you work with a mate of mine, Ash, and I have spoken to you at MFN. Good luck with finding a car and if you want a second appinion and want me to go and look at some with you get my number from Ash and give me a call.

Ayup bud hows it going? Was asking Ash about you the other day at work, was wondering how you were finding your supra etc. Im really gettin excited about getting one now, but dont want to rush into it and make sure i find the right one :)

That sounds about right - £60+ with Optimax/Ultimate. Range - well I got through a tank in a little over 130 miles yesterday but I was approaching take-off speed most of the time - just testing whether that limiter comes in when they say it will!! Average I reckon about 230 - 260 miles on a tank but it depends on your driving style/type (town/motorway/country roads etc). I try not to look at the gauge anymore!

Welcome to the forum matey , another supra in derby !

This guy called Ash , he doesnt drive a green scooby does he ? from Long Eaton ?

Make sure you dont buy a silver sup with a veilside kit , i havnt seen one around here in silver and like it like that , ;)

Good luck with the search !

Nah not a green scoob mate, although i know who you mean, use to have a red R5GTT, MR2 etc lives near an 'old friend'.

Im after a black or white one really mate :) if your from Derby, or that area do you go MFN at all on a Sunday night? Its a Legal cruise meet, every Sunday night with 3 car parks, hot snacks, toilets, bar with alcohol and soft drinks, its a realy good night. Should come down if you dont already usually well over 500 cars there.

Thanks for all the info on petrol etc, am sure I wont be all that bothered tbh as I know i will have a smile on my face whenever i drive it :D

I am lovin my Supe mate, still can't believe I have got one!!! Got a new front bumper and rear spoiler going on it this week ready for The Jap Show at Santa Pod next Sunday.

I thought you already had a aftermarket spoiler and bumper? or you just upgrading?

Im losing sleep over it already just thinking about it and dont even have one yet lol