TRD Widebody: Shall I? Shan't I?

Jake

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jake...if you've got the time and the inclination, do it...If it's cheap crap then have a look for thin sections and beef them up. My skirts you could see through in places!!! :(

I was under the impression that the wings were full replacements at the front and bonded at the rear, Envy, in Dude's absence, should be able to confirm this (or KARacing :lol: )

It will be a real bitch to do it IMO. So don't rush into it. I'd probably wait to do anything permenent till the other Supra has been sold....to guarentee you won't be stuck with a half baked project.

hope your kit turns out fine. when i bought topsecret kit from ebay it was no way like the one in the pics and had to beef up the whole kit with 2/3 layers of fibreglass on each panel :scare: . and for the front replacment wings even after beefing them up i was not happy, so i cut and shaped the original wings and bonded them inside the replacment wings and its all now rock solid :D

i fitted the kit myself and done the first stage of prep work. as long as you can do all your prep work it should not cost too much to have it finished.

Do it, i think it will be a good project to get stuck in to.

:idea: If the kit is a bit limp you could get thin sections of aluminium and bond them to the wings with fibreglass matting to sure it up a bit.

It sounds like you will need a fair bit of fibreglass if the kit is as bad as you say

i use These guys for my fibreglass they are quick with delivery.

Good luck you are going to need it, hope you have some decent tools for the job and you take pics all the way through the project.

Are you at work now then J?

Not that I want to take you up on the liver refurb, just wondered

Yes I am still at work right now... just leaving though.. I get to come back in about 10 hours....

did site a few IV's on pissed people..... will let you know if they feel better when I get back tomorrow...

I think you're right Rob.

A bodyshop that knows what they're doing will surely make a better job of it than I will.

I'm not really into the flashy colours. I prefer a mean looking car to a pretty one. I'd probably go for a gunmetal colour or black. Probably black cos the car is a metallic grey already and a change would be nice.

Hey you started the hijack you young upstart you lol.

TRD kit looks cool but how long til every muppet has one, Veilside has become almost a joke now. I hate to say it but original supes are gonna be the money spinners in the future I reckon.

I'd be surprised if the TRD kit gets common, at 4 and a half grand for a good replica kit, 4 grand odd for a propper set of wheels and tyres for it and 4+ grand odd for fitting/respray!!! (Trust me, i speak from experience) - only an crazy person would spend more than the car's worth on bodykit/wheels...

Front wings are direct replacements, as is rear and front bumpers and side skirts, only nasty bit is the rear quarters/arches which need to go over the originals.

If i knew then what i know now after going through the hassle of getting the TRD kit fitted and sorted i'm honestly not sure if i'd do it, (and that was with a near perfect fitting replica ...thanks envy - shameless plug)

...oh b*llocks, of course i would, GO FOR IT!!! lol