The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone owned the CBR 600RR

binfieldx

I haven't owned one but I blasted one round the track for a day at Ron Haslam race school

Great bikes, being a 600 there easy to flick about .. first gear feels quit restricted but most likely used to my own bike but a few little mods will improve that.. good for a first bike

Ride position nice

That will demand lot respect very powerful bike for first timer, I started with cbr 400 and was blown away by the acceleration, Grant it wasn that fast top end.

I don't think so, I stated of on a 750. Of course the first time you get on it will feel quick but wont be long until you want a 1000cc lol

Just got to be sensible and take your time with them

I haven't owned one but I blasted one round the track for a day at Ron Haslam race school

Great bikes, being a 600 there easy to flick about .. first gear feels quit restricted but most likely used to my own bike but a few little mods will improve that.. good for a first bike

Ride position nice

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170913/47adf038bdb76b878cff3006f12606cc.jpg

/QUOTE]

That's epic. I want to do some track time to learn the bike handling. I think it will be ok for a first bike, I rode a 125 for awhile when I was 18 and also rode quite a few dirtbikes and currently ride a 700 for the training. I heard it was quite a tame bike in the lower gears which is good cause I don't want to be thrashing it around on the street

I've just passed my theory test today and will be getting my CBT done within next few weeks. The onto direct access route.

I'm planning on getting a Yamaha MT07 so something not to crazy but should be great to ride

I'm riding one of those for my MOD2 at the moment, very easy bike to ride although you'll notice a big difference jumping onto one from the 125. They are full of torque low end so need a lot of clutch slipping to not be juddery!

That's epic. I want to do some track time to learn the bike handling. I think it will be ok for a first bike, I rode a 125 for awhile when I was 18 and also rode quite a few dirtbikes and currently ride a 700 for the training. I heard it was quite a tame bike in the lower gears which is good cause I don't want to be thrashing it around on the street

You'll love it mate

I do Ron Haslam track days .. you have to start off with the 600cc before you can go on the firblades but you will learn loads and gain more confidence on the bike

I'm just to afraid to use my own bike on track lol will be getting a track bike soon for sure

It's a great starter bike, few mates of mine have got the CRB 600RR's as there first bike

This is on the fireblade

At the moment I have a GSXR 1000 but looking to get something different like a ktM RC8r

You'll love it mate

I do Ron Haslam track days .. you have to start off with the 600cc before you can go on the firblades but you will learn loads and gain more confidence on the bike

I'm just to afraid to use my own bike on track lol will be getting a track bike soon for sure

It's a great starter bike, few mates of mine have got the CRB 600RR's as there first bike

This is on the fireblade

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170913/fc2d7b1399186a3c846bba1d8b0d4893.jpg

At the moment I have a GSXR 1000 but looking to get something different like a ktM RC8r

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170913/74769e846e2ccc193dbe2d18a16bf66e.jpg

/QUOTE]

Maaan I hope I pass on Friday this makes me want to get out and ride so bad :D

About to take my last module for the full bike license and really want one of these, anyone had one before?

Good luck with the test! Not a bad choice for a first big bike, I started on an R6 but have a mate that started on a CBR 600RR and loved it. It all depends where you like to ride, I can ride my GS round the Dales much faster than my S1000RR.

Rob

I've just passed my theory test today and will be getting my CBT done within next few weeks. The onto direct access route.

I'm planning on getting a Yamaha MT07 so something not to crazy but should be great to ride

I saw one of those in black and yellow, made me want to go out and do it all again. To me it looked nasty, almost Mad Max like.

Someone quoted on here something that really stuck with me, cant remember who it was. "The throttle is linear and not binary", if i had only known that before sticking mine head first into a Ford. :rolleyes:

Just get a 'blade

Probably more forgiving in many respects as you'll be terrified of it to begin with and you dont need to keep it in quite such a narrow power band and potentially a twitch away from disaster so often - ie you can be a gear or two higher with less chance of spinning up or wheeling into trouble !!

J.

I saw one of those in black and yellow, made me want to go out and do it all again. To me it looked nasty, almost Mad Max like.

Someone quoted on here something that really stuck with me, cant remember who it was. "The throttle is linear and not binary", if i had only known that before sticking mine head first into a Ford. :rolleyes:

This is what I was looking at, either the MT07 or Z650:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]222358[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]222357[/ATTACH]

Just get a 'blade

Probably more forgiving in many respects as you'll be terrified of it to begin with and you dont need to keep it in quite such a narrow power band and potentially a twitch away from disaster so often - ie you can be a gear or two higher with less chance of spinning up or wheeling into trouble !!

J.

your insane, a blade as a first bike? come on thats the worse advise ive ever seen on here

My personal advice, skip the 600 and go straight to a 750.

I had a k5 gsxr 600, and although it was a lovely bike to ride, I got fed up of constantly going up and down the gears.

The 750 has much more mid range grunt, and becomes a better riding experience.

You will very quickly get used to it, like anything, just because it's powerful, it doesn't mean you have to use it all!

The cbrr is a lovely bike, very nimble machine, but personally I prefer suzuki's

Well I failed the mod which sucks. I hear alot of people fail it as its quite strict so I don't feel as bad. Got a major for pulling out at a roundabout and the examiner felt the car coming from the right was too close, I personally didn't agree but they know best. Got it rebooked for next week again now :(