The mkiv Supra Owners Club

94 J-spec TT Auto

Guest gunner

I am selling my Supra due to a new house, pretty much standard apart from:

HKS induction kit, descent exhaust(don't know what type), HKS EVC an older one III i think, never set up, Greddy boost and EGT gauges mounted on A pillar pod, 18" wheels one of which has the metal plating coming off. factory fitted body kit Full leather seats in good condition and a sunroof!!

69'000 miles cambelt done at 59'000 with all reciepts regularly services with just over 2 months of a 3 year parts and labour warranty still left which not supprisingly has never been used.

2 UK owners since import early 2002.

[email protected] or 07776130570

please see my E-bay link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4578440168&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:UK:31

some japanese person must have put it in! it lets the sun in though, can be quite useful, i don't understand the smileys too well but you can see it on the pics, it is the square black thing on the roof.

judging by the reaction of most people there can't be many about, what a selling point maybe i should put the price up! to be honest i rarely use it i mainly use the air con.

judging by the reaction of most people there can't be many about, what a selling point maybe i should put the price up! to be honest i rarely use it i mainly use the air con.

I've heard it said on a forum somewhere that you have to cut something important out of the roof to fit a sunroof, which is why no-one ever does it...

Presumably something that isn't fitted to the Aerotops then or Toyota found a way round the 'important thing' and maybe this has been copied by sunroof fitters? Someone fitted a boost controller or some other electronic gizmo in the roof of a Supra recently - I can't remember who it was and I wonder if they'll read this thread, but I assume they had to take the roof liner out and would be in the best position to tell us what's up there.

Gunner, does it impact on headroom at all?

It's a first for me!

Aerotops are obviously have strengthening in place to counteract the fact you've removed a section of your roof - they still flex hence why many put strut bars on.

By cutting the roof you're effectively reducing the frame rigidity (although I doubt you'd be able to tell too much).

I've not seen the roof without the lining so couldn't say wether there is a specific reinforcement section there or not.

it is quite a narrow sunroof, it doesn't seem to have any ill effect and it doesn't affect the headroom i am 6 4". it must have cost a few quid to install it is tilt/slide and electric, must be down to some japanese dude.

I always thought/assumed the Aerotop strengthening was in the chassis? Not sure if putting any in the roof bit above the rear seats would do anything (I don't know about these things though). My Aerotop tends to 'twist' about it's longitudinal axis with the roof out, or perhaps it's the weld join from the cut&shut causing that...

I've saw 2 of these with sunroofs when i was buying mine 5 years ago at JIC.

I was asking about it as i quite liked the idea.

Aparently the previous owner had his put in and they said it was quite unusual.. I went and got some quotes for aprox £400 to have it done, but then there was the argument of body roll and it not having the strength...

Still, keep thinking i should have it done as i still like it :-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.