The mkiv Supra Owners Club

C63 amg???

raddys

In my opinion

Would pick the merc6.3 for the sound and high quality interior not mentioning the sexy look's :D

I don't know about the older models. But i have a c400 2015 and it's a money pit had many electronic fails.

M3 for the manual Gearbox

The Luxus ISF for reliability and becouse its not as common like the rest :)

I own a 350 c class and it is superb. Very good mpg and decent power for a diesel. The car is now at 70k and superb. Cant fault merc at all and would highly recommend them:p. My next one will probably be a c63 but the sup will be staying as im about to spend a small fortune:D

mine was new when i got it and binned it off at 14,000 miles faults in the 2 years i had it were

1) boot filled up with water 4 times (went to merc each time who told me they had fixed it... each time)

2) all by itself the car would jump on the brakes so hard it would bring the abs on, nothing was infront of the car either (went to merc twice and each time told this was "normal")

3) the entertainment system would shut down randomly and not turn back on for 2 sometimes 3 days (went to merc.... "needs software update", update done and problem carried on)

4) vibration noise on front end, went to merc "no fault found" i then found a rusty merc key ring stuck under the wiper arm causing the vibration.

5) could hear engine noise in the cabin, sent to merc "no fault found again" but car came back and the problem was not there any more, 3 weeks later i was filling car up and a young lad in the line for the till told me he worked for merc and he fixed my car a few weeks earlier? he went in to say a bung in the firewall under the steering collum had falled out and they replaced it.

6) wipers stopped working... at this point my car was parked up and merc and they were told im not taking it back.

The car was a 2015 C220 AMG, i would not under any circumstances (even free) would i have another merc

im not the only one with issues like this. The thought of a merc with big power sends shivers down my spine.

Pre facelift c63s have a known head bolt design floor where the heads of the bolts shear and that's the end of the engine. They all will fail at some point it's a matter of when.

I had a Monte Carlo DCT E90 m3. Great car you've got to get up it for it to move and you will miss the torque of the supra, my BPU feels much faster.

The RS4 will have understeer built in with its engine being so far forward.

I'd single the supra or buy a facelift c63

mine was new when i got it and binned it off at 14,000 miles faults in the 2 years i had it were

1) boot filled up with water 4 times (went to merc each time who told me they had fixed it... each time)

2) all by itself the car would jump on the brakes so hard it would bring the abs on, nothing was infront of the car either (went to merc twice and each time told this was "normal")

3) the entertainment system would shut down randomly and not turn back on for 2 sometimes 3 days (went to merc.... "needs software update", update done and problem carried on)

4) vibration noise on front end, went to merc "no fault found" i then found a rusty merc key ring stuck under the wiper arm causing the vibration.

5) could hear engine noise in the cabin, sent to merc "no fault found again" but car came back and the problem was not there any more, 3 weeks later i was filling car up and a young lad in the line for the till told me he worked for merc and he fixed my car a few weeks earlier? he went in to say a bung in the firewall under the steering collum had falled out and they replaced it.

6) wipers stopped working... at this point my car was parked up and merc and they were told im not taking it back.

The car was a 2015 C220 AMG, i would not under any circumstances (even free) would i have another merc

im not the only one with issues like this. The thought of a merc with big power sends shivers down my spine.

Yer thats pretty poor tbh

Thats a bit shit, so has merc actually said it was a problem? Or has it just happened to a few cars?

And yes i do like the e92 m3's, but alot of people have said you have to give it some to go fast, still a brilliant car though

Horses for courses mate mine has done 70 K and had none of the above. People alway spout the bad but not the good. Still a very good car in my eyes.:p