The mkiv Supra Owners Club

down hill drag strip

OS Giken

Fair enough, all the cars over here are gutless wonders, and the UK tuners are all way behind. :ok2:

Thats not what I meant at all, rather that everytime something is better than over here its automatically false or in some way exagerated :shrug:

Theres some great cars over here obviously, and in terms of 'playing it safe' our tuners do better it would seem. They clearly have the lead in all out power and 1/4 times though and I don't see why we should have a problem aknowledging that, instead of some calling BS everytime.

:Popcorn:

what big power cars are over here 1000hp crd supra leon with his orange beast. paul w and kevs car.they all getting better as they learn more.there are loads of big hp cars in america. more chance of fast times. just have to see a few fast supras launching to see they have what it takes.

got to be good seeing cars doing well over here.

Yeah, sound performance make a living racing their cars downhill :rolleyes:

Keith, have you seen the incar vid that accompanies that 1/4 mile run? Its a much better perspective.

http://familysedan.crawlinjunk.com/marko-845-incar.wmv

and heres a vid of a supra doing a 8.43 on an uphill track ;)

http://s120197345.onlinehome.us/NOPI/aapsupras.wmv

I've never actually seen a drag strip in the states, but I know people that have been out there and seen some, and they say they are slightly downhill. I also agree that many of the videos look downhill.

As I say, I've not seen them with my own eyes, but it does seem a little stange how no car in this country has ever managed the same type of 1/4's, (or even close), to those of the US guys. :run:

I have been here

http://www.morosomotorsportspark.com/Newsite/Images/DragStrip1.jpg

www.morosomotorsportspark.com and it was nice and flat.

So was the...something like 5mile straight road outside flat too!

I wish I had my soop with me :D

Give Mawby or Supragal a shout and they should be able to "switch you on".

:D

Cool, I've e-mailed so hopefully I'll be up and running today! It's a long shot anyway that anybody on here will be interested in buying a Erebuni shark fin style spoiler for a Hyundai Coupe (brand new rrp - £280), or some side skirts also for the Coupe imported from Germany (unsure of make!) at a cost of £175, also brand new. Anybody interested, PM me.