The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JUST SMASHED UP SUPRA! Help please!

whitesupratt

The key thing will be whether it's twisted or pushed back the front strut, let's hope not.

If you need any help with part numbers or sourcing replacement new parts, give me a shout, I have part numbers/prices for replacement arms, dampers, springs, headlight, etc. if you need them.

as i put on the other thread, my insurance in 2000quid with 5 years no claims unprotected. im not sure what value they'd give me back for the car. i doebt they'd give me enough to make it worth writingoff and putting money towrds buying another supra. im paying for this one over 3 years. I just have no idea which route to go down.

The wheel on the other side is straight, but! i think its wishbone etc! not pushed back. the passenger door opens/closes fine etc

hi mate.it really sucks what has happened.at least your ok.

im just finishing repairing a damaged supra that looked alot worse than yours.feel free to drop me an e mail if you need any advice.

bonnet, lights and bumper are all semi-easy to find secondhand.

robshefield is selling a aftermarket bumper for £100 that i had my eye on for another project but you should give him a shout.

wings and front panel will probably need to be bought new.i needed all 3 front panels which cost me about £300 and wings are about £120 each (parts from import solutions)

all parts are easy to swap (panels are bolt on)

check that your chassie legs are ok also.

facelift lights will fit.

as a young driver i would definatly say repair it your self otherwise its likely to be written off and your insurance will go up and lose 2 yrs no claims

hope this helps and as i say drop me a line if you need help

steve

Why do people in these threads always say "at least you're OK", I mean yeah fair enough if it's really serious then it's a good thing and lucky the supe's so strong, but if I was in hospital with broken legs and cracked ribs, I'd still be thinking to myself "WTF am I gonna do about my car!!!!"

Anyway, I did the same thing a few months ago, not quite as bad, turned out to be shocks badly adjusted after fitting but oh well. hope you find a good solution soon and get all the bits you need - peeps on here are always helpful.