The mkiv Supra Owners Club

KW v3 coilovers

bignum

What Spring Rates are the Nitron guys running?

Mine are holding up well! Done about 6000 miles on them now, had an issue with the front drivers shock that sprung an oil leak after 3 years! I took it off and took it up to Nitron in Oxford! The piston rod had been scratched probably by a small stone and that had damaged the seal! Even though they where out of warranty they fixed it with no charge at all which I didn't expect at all. My spring rates are pretty much stock spring rates as it told them it was a road car, gave them as much info about the car as I could and that's what they advised. They are very compliant on the road soaks the bumps up well, can be a little bumpy and stiff at first in the cold weather till you get a few miles and get some heat into them as they are a race shock adapted for the road after all. Think I have my rear shocks are set at 3 clicks from soft on the rear and 5 clicks from soft on the front! I will check on the build sheet for you for the spring rates, do have TRD anti roll bars on mine aswell

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a look at the KW setup , anybody have any feedback on them?

Corrossion, any issues?

Easy of use, Play with the settings; compression and rebound?

they are pre-configured out of the box?

How does Valving compare to Nitron?

Considering these have a higher spring rate than the TRD's I presume its the dampening allowing a more comfortable ride ?

Spring Rate:

Front: 685 lb/in

Rear: 515 lb/in

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

I am having a look at the KW setup , anybody have any feedback on them?

Corrossion, any issues?

Easy of use, Play with the settings; compression and rebound?

they are pre-configured out of the box?

How does Valving compare to Nitron?

Considering these have a higher spring rate than the TRD's I presume its the dampening allowing a more comfortable ride ?

Spring Rate:

Front: 685 lb/in

Rear: 515 lb/in

Had them a long time ago but not on a supra, was for a Vauxhall Calibra. They came pre-set out of the box, didn't have any issues with corrosion. Had them on the car for about 1 year before it decided it wanted to leave the road and do a dukes of hazard over a ditch! They do jump quite well but don't really like landing to much:search: