The mkiv Supra Owners Club

EVC 6 IR 2.4 Installation

Rob W

As I now get around .9 bar on the 1st turbo it totally changes the low down power.

Honestly noticed the difference moving from my Blitz straight away. You don't get that transition as much now when the 2nd turbo comes online, a lot smoother. You still get the obvious exhaust note change and when they both come on it just flys.

Helps with traction in first as well as the boost is increasing progressively throughout the gear. In second, accelerating from low down in the rev range just seems a lot more torque.

As I now get around .9 bar on the 1st turbo it totally changes the low down power.

Honestly noticed the difference moving from my Blitz straight away. You don't get that transition as much now when the 2nd turbo comes online, a lot smoother. You still get the obvious exhaust note change and when they both come on it just flys.

Helps with traction in first as well as the boost is increasing progressively throughout the gear. In second, accelerating from low down in the rev range just seems a lot more torque.

That's exactly how mine use to be, until I changed around the plumbing and couldn't get it back to how it was. I'm going to keep mine in TTC for awhile, but I think I'll plumb the HKS in as you have and see how it feels.

• 7 months later...
Rob, did you get to the bottom of your intermittent second turbo?

I’m going to say no, but it hasn’t done it since. I haven’t done much motorway driving in it recently which was the only time it happened between 60-70MPH on kickdown.

I have my AEM AFR & Boost gauge now which logs constantly, so if it does happen again may be able to take some information from that.

I have this one, think its the 5

I had it installed by Whifbitz

I know I have the book still but will have to find it if I can if its handy for you

I can take some pics of the plumbing too if that help ?

Please ignore the bubbles in the dash lol that got redone..old pic lol

I have this one, think its the 5

I had it installed by Whifbitz

I know I have the book still but will have to find it if I can if its handy for you

I can take some pics of the plumbing too if that help ?

Please ignore the bubbles in the dash lol that got redone..old pic lol

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2012/11/230.jpg

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2012/11/228.jpg

That's the one I use to have, and had it plumbed in different to the stock way, and it boosted perfectly with more boost on turbo 1, and a nice smooth boost curve. It would be interested to see if yours is plumbed in correctly like Rob's, and mine use to be, but I'm willing to bet my lunch money that it's plumbed in like any other boost controller, as that's just the way they are all done.

That's the one I use to have, and had it plumbed in different to the stock way, and it boosted perfectly with more boost on turbo 1, and a nice smooth boost curve. It would be interested to see if yours is plumbed in correctly like Rob's, and mine use to be, but I'm willing to bet my lunch money that it's plumbed in like any other boost controller, as that's just the way they are all done.

I will get some pics up as it will be interesting to see how it been done

I will get some pics up as it will be interesting to see how it been done

Yes it will be :) Do you feel the dip and then 'hit' when the second turbo comes online?

I'm going to have a go at plumbing it Rob's way with the help of Littlenum when I take my car down to Performance@Hart for it's pre-Dragonball work and checkup. I have a VSV to replace to hopefully eliminate the intermittent problem with turbo 2 sometimes not coming online straight away. So if I first fix the 2nd turbo problem, I'll then move onto plumbing it in Rob's way :)

Yes it will be :) Do you feel the dip and then 'hit' when the second turbo comes online?

I'm going to have a go at plumbing it Rob's way with the help of Littlenum when I take my car down to Performance@Hart for it's pre-Dragonball work and checkup. I have a VSV to replace to hopefully eliminate the intermittent problem with turbo 2 sometimes not coming online straight away. So if I first fix the 2nd turbo problem, I'll then move onto plumbing it in Rob's way :)

I haven't noticed a dip no, power seems to just hit but I will check anyways as im now intrigued to see how the set up is

Good luck with yours though mate !

I haven't noticed a dip no, power seems to just hit but I will check anyways as im now intrigued to see how the set up is

Good luck with yours though mate !

Well that certainly sounds promising if that's the case mate, so yeah it will be good to go through the piping and see :)

I'm not holding my breath on mine mate, my gut feeling is that their could be a whole host of problems with the sequential system, and just replacing a VSV wont solve it. Littlenum is going to replace the turbo link pipes, but I'll see what happens on the rest. I really like TTC with my paddle shift, so no great hardship, and my goal soon is to remove the twins to store away for the future, and fit a small single.

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked up a EVC 6 2.4 and looking at the best way to install. Seems to be a couple of suggestions but as per this thread is this still the prefered method? -

Currently running sequential but will go TTC once i have everything all set up and working properly.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...